Help With Business Cards Plus

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by jsianis, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jsianis

Message Count:
    I need help. My computer crashed and I lost my template that I had made for my business cards. Now I can't seem to recreated them. They print awful after I insert my logo. I set the export to CMYK, resolution at 300 and export as a TIFF, no problem. But, when I try to insert it into my business card in Business Cards Plus I get a runtime error abnormal program termination and the program shuts down. If I toggle off the CMYK, I can export the logo and insert it no problem, but it prints very grainy. I have tried everything and I am at my wits end. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! : o_please

2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Jsianas.
    Look for a PM (Private Message) from me.

I think I can fix your troubles.

- Marc

3. jsianis

Message Count:
    Still having the problem

Thanks for the link to the upgrade. But, I am still having the same problem.

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    jsianis, see if Tgif export doesn't work better for you.

5. jsianis

Message Count:
    Tried TGIF

Tried it, but still not as crisp and clear as TIFF is. For some reason Business Cards Plus won't let me export the CMYK TIFF file. It keeps shutting down the program. I can insert any other file except the one I need. But, none of hte other files turn out as clear as the TIFF.

6. KD-did

Message Count:
  7. jsianis

Message Count:
    Yep. That is the one. For whatever reason, I can't upload anything that is exported as CMYK

8. KD-did

Message Count:
    I put a CMYK, Tiff at 300 DPI export from TLC to the test with a whole range of different programs and had no problems..Not even with printing. Being I don't have Business Cards Plus...I came to the conclusion problem must lie with Business Cards Plus. Perhaps their customer service will be able to answer the question for you. :eek:

9. jsianis

Message Count:
    Any suggestions on a good inexpensive program?

10. KD-did

Message Count:
    That would depend on what you want. If you want something that will give you clipart, fonts, font effects full flexibility with the ability to choose layouts and cardstock or just something to make business cards.

11. cybrnetico

Message Count:
  12. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    big download!

I forgot to mention its a 53 meg download. :duh: but its worth it :eek: