Help The Logo Creator Wont work at all!!!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by sonyaB, Jul 26, 2005.

1. sonyaB

Message Count:
    lol, nice to meet you MasterDesign:)

Sonya
  2. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Marc
    Good to catch up with you again:)
    I downloaded the software, and it happens with every template. I've never been able to get it to work to create my own logo:(

I'm not trying to use a font, because I never get that far, it happens as the logo building screen loads up.

I think i'm on a fully "English" keyboard, how do i check that?

I have never upgraded, the version i'm on is the one you sent me: TLCv41_MacEdition_Setup.
    I think this is v4.1!

I'll see if the keyboard is English and get back. It might be a while because my little girl is waking up....ooohhh!

Thanks for all the help, see you later.

Cheers
    Sonya
  3. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Sonya,

Since you're using a laptop, I believe the keyboard is set to whatever your basic choice of language is. I think that is set in Sys Pref under International. I looked at my settings in Keyboard and Mouse and saw nothing there would control the keyboards language.

Btw, when you said laptop, is it a PowerBook or iBook? Just a question of curiosity nothing more.

You can confirm your version of TLC by first opening TLC and then click on The Logo Creator at the top of your screen and from the drop down menu, click on About The Logo Creator ... a small box will open and in the upper left corner it will give you the current version you are running.

Back with more in a bit. :D
  4. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi again

I have checked and I think my keyboard English. It says British in the menu bar.
    Have I got that right?

Marc, i hope you dont think I was rude in my last mails to you, I know how busy you must be. I was just getting frustrated because I really wanted to get this working.

cheers
    Sonya
  5. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

I'm on a Powerbook and I checked International and it says British.
    I also checked the version like you said and it is 4.1.

I did have to buy a new keyboard for this computer a few weeks ago, would that cause a problem?

Sonya
  6. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    Try and see if there is a setting for US English, small difference but on pc this causes some trouble sometimes.
    MD
  7. KD-did

Message Count:
    Yes, if the standard drivers that came with your keyboard are not up to date.
  8. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi KD-Did

where would I find drivers for my keyboard, mac site?

I'll try that.

thanks
    Sonya
  9. sonyaB

Message Count:
    I have checked and all drivers are up to date, so I dont think its that.:(
  10. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi everyone

what does "Director Player Error, handler not defined", mean?

thanks
    Sonya
  11. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Now THERE is an excellent question ... near as I can tell, it means: "aaaaaaagh!!!!!!" :lol: If I understood Marc correctly it implies a pathway error.

Sonya,
    I've done some serious checking, and we can eliminate keyboard drivers from the mix. For one thing they are an integral part of the OS system with Mac's so the only way to install a new one is to re-install Tiger!

In searching around in my PB I discovered to my surprise a straggling Virex preference file that spotlight missed when I was removing it ... so I suggest you do some more searching for straggling Norton files using words like Symantec, AntiVirus, and any other combination you might think of to see what else might be hiding ... antivirus programs are extremely invasive (need to be to be effective) and install themselves all over the place. You might even do a visual check in Home/Library/Preferences.

I also had a Mac tech tell me that sometimes Disk Utility can miss stuff when running from the Utilities folder, and it might be worth running it from the Tiger install CD. To do that, insert the install CD and restart holding down the C key, go through the agreement steps, etc., until you see a menu at the top, and look for Utilities. Run Disk Utility from there, repairing permissions (again), and do it three (3) times. Then remove your CD and start up normally.

I think I have found the preference files for TLC, and I will post back shortly with how to go about rebuilding them ... assuming that I have indeed found them. I'll try it on my computer first, and let you know. :D

Btw, you are up rather late aren't you!?!

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around 'til about 1:30a your time, then I'll be gone for a few hours and back about 06:30 your time. (05:30 UTC)
  12. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

I make music, so night time owl;)

I will start up from the disk and go through all the steps you mentioned. I will attempt to make sure no Norton stuff is left in the computer.

I have to go to bed soon, but i'll be back to bug you.

See you soon
    Sonya
  13. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

I did everything. Booted from the disk and repaired the permissions, there were loads wrong, I did it 3 times, but still the same problem.

I have noticed that when I try to load a logo template the error message only pops up when the text in the logo appears behind the "building logo" window.

Couldn't this be a font book problem?

Time to sleep.....zzzzz

Sonya..
  14. wisemanpublishers

Message Count:
    If You Have any Firewalls Running Turn them off also make sure Your system Resorces are up to speed by getting Rid of Your Cookies and temp files and make sure You have No Spyware as i dont have mac you will haft to search for a spyware Remover for mac after all this is done and you have rebooted your system..try again and enjoy the speed :WOW1: :good:
  15. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Happily after doing some extensive searching. and a few letters to some Mac geeks for confirmation, I've determined that Adware & Spyware are not an issue for Macs. Much like Viruses, Mac users are simply not a big enough target to be worth writing such programs for. As more and more people discover these advantages (among others) of Macs and Macs become a larger market share of computer users, this will change, but for now you can breathe deeply and peacefully on this issue.

That's the good news. :D

The downside is, Macs can be quite a handful to troubleshoot, and OS X in particular can become quite beastly without regular Maintenance. So with that thought in mind ... have you noticed any slowing down of performance over the last month or so? Does Tiger still seem as snappy in its operations as it did when you first got it? I've only been running Tiger for about 2 months ... actually less ... and I've noticed it bog down on me twice. Both times some maintenance brought it right back. Since you have the same computer as I do, that means you have the same maintenance issues, and one excellent way to put those to rest is with a $9.00 program called Macaroni ... the best $9 I've ever spent, it's made by Atomicbird ... can't go wrong with birds :lol: ... click here for Macaroni, follow the install instructions, and then let it do its thing. If you're going to be on the computer most of the day, reset your Energy settings to NEVER ALLOW TO SLEEP for a day, and by the time you wake up you should notice a marked difference in the operation. : O-Yeah:
  16. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

Thats all great, I will now go and get Macaroni and let it run tonight.

I'm going away on holiday tomorrow for a week, I should be able to still get online, but just in case I don't, that's what's happened to me.

I'll report back in the morning on Macaroni.

see you then
    Sonya
  17. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Have a good holiday, Sonya!

Btw, if you are taking your PB with you, be sure you to either reset your power settings before you go, or at least double check the settings for the battery, so that when not using the power adapter plugged into a wall, the computer will save energy and allow it to sleep when on battery power. I hope that makes sense. You'll find in the energy control panel that you can set the power to be handled differently for the two circumstances.

Even if Macaroni, doesn't solve the issue with TLC, you'll still like the way it gets Tiger back up to its original snappy performance ... assuming that you have indeed been experiencing a gently slow down. And it will perform all the routine maintenance for you so that future slow downs never become an issue.

Having said that, do continue to make repairing permissions before and after a download of any size, a normal procedure. And now that you've run Disk Utility from the start up disk, running it from Utilities should be sufficient from here forward. :D

"Ain't computers fun!?!"
  18. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Hi Wisemanpublishers!

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your post ...
    You're absolutely right about Firewalls, always a good idea to shut them down for a download, especially one of any size ... and pretty much totally safe to do on a Mac, though I can't speak to the safety issue for a PC.

As I mentioned above to Sonya, adware and spyware are pretty much non-issues for Mac users, although there is a program called MacScan that is supposed to search Macs for such things, but I haven't found a single instance of that sort of problem on a Mac ... so far. ;}

Macaroni will take care of clearing cache and other such things that can slow the OS down, and it does it automatically while looking for opportunities when the computer is on, awake, and not in heavy use. :D Sweet huh?

Thanks for the post!
  19. wisemanpublishers

Message Count:
    i always Turn off my Firewall Because i use a Router and its not off that long because you might hate me For this but my speed is 3.5 MB Download and 1gig upload so my computers is fast i also have DSL,,and dial up and to me There all fast,,right now im on a AMD Laptop and it Cooks The internet...But ill say about the firewall that if you dont feel safe dont do it But You have to take chances sometimes and pray that angels are Looking over your sholder...Billy
  20. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Everyone

I have just got back, and after hard thought I decided to initialize my computer and start again. JOY....OH HAPPY DAY.....it works now, everything is fast and life is fab.
    Thanks so much for all your help, I've been on many forums, but you guys really were great, Flotsom you are a star;)

I will now vanish for a while to have a go with TLC and re-install all my software, i'll be back and let you know how it goes....

Signing out....
    Cheers
    Sonya.......