Help The Logo Creator Wont work at all!!!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by sonyaB, Jul 26, 2005.

1. sonyaB

Message Count:
    I'm on a mac osx 10.4.1 so far I've not been able to use this software at all.
    Please help someone, Marc seems to have forgotten me.!!!

Its happening like this:

I open logo creator and a screen on left comes up asking me to choose a logo set, lets say I chose cartoon edition a new window opens with all the
    different logos, I click any one to select it and window opens saying:
    building logo, please wait, then another window opens on top with this message:

Director Player Error
    Handler not defined
    Record font
    Scipt error. Continue?

I can then choose YES or NO. If I choose yes the error window closes but the "building logo please wait' just stays on the screen on top of the logo.

I have tried all different logo sets and logos, it always happens the same,
    I never get to edit the fonts or any part of the logo as "build logo please
    wait image never goes away and is always on the logo.

I am at a loss, any ideas anyone?

Cheers
    Sonya
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Make sure you have the latest edition of Director Player .
  3. sonyaB

Message Count:
    hi KD-did

Sorry to seem a bit thick, do you mean Shockwave player?
    If thats right i've done that, but still no joy:(

Any other ideas.

Cheers
    Sonya
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    I am sure that Flotsom will chime in here shortly. He is a fellow Mac user and may have some input for you.
  5. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Hi Sonya, and welcome to the Forum!

That's definitely not right ... what you're doing should not be causing a director error. Did you remember to "repair permissions" before and after downloading TLC? If not, try doing that now using your Disk Utility. If you are unfamiliar with how to do that, post back and I'll give you the step by step.

After repairing permissions, try TLC again and let me know what happens.

Thanks, Flot
    :D
  6. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

Thanks for your help, I ran disk utility and repaired the permissions, I then tried TLC again, but still the same problem.
    Any more ideas.

By the way, I didn't repair permissions before downloading and installing TLC the first time!!

Thanks a lot
    Sonya
  7. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Hmmm ... bummer!

Okay ... did you upgrade from Panther or is this a new Mac that came with Tiger? Are you running any kind of antivirus? If you have Norton or Virex, un-install it. 1) you don't need it, and 2) Tiger recommends not using it, and 3) antivirus can really mess with graphic programs ... especially during the download.

My next question would be regarding your Mac and it's peripherals. Are you using a wireless mouse? Bluetooth? etc. If yes, try working TLC without them ... that is, try using a wired mouse, trackpad, whatever. Btw, what kind of Mac are you on? PB? iBook? iMac? ??

And last, although unlikely to be of consequence, are you current on your "security updates" from Apple? Most likely you are since you're using 10.4.1, and TLC worked fine for me at that version. Btw, I've had no adverse effects from 10.4.2, but let's get TLC working where you are first! :D

If we can't get you going any other way, I'm going to suggest a fresh download, and even though you just did a repair permissions, if we do a fresh download you'll want to repair permissions again ... both before and after, but let me know where we are first in case I think of any other ideas.

:getting n
  8. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi again

thanks so much for taking the time to help me:)
    I did an upgrade to Tiger and I did have norton, so i'm now removing it.
    I'm not using any wireless/bluetooth stuff etc. I'm on a G4 laptop, I have got a software update available, to 10.4.2, but I've not known if I should go for it.

Ok, so i'll remove Norton and try again and let you know what is happening.

Thanks again
    Sonya
  9. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Sonya,

You'll probably need to use "spotlight" to find all of Norton. Antivirus, and Norton in particular, put themselves EVERYWHERE!! After you get it all out, run another repair permissions just for safety. You'll find that successive runs take less and less time, and it's a good maintenance habit to make sure everything keeps talking to each other. :D

Don't update to 10.4.2 just yet, but you'll have no problem with it when you do.

-flot
  10. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

I removed anything to do with Norton and tried again, but still the same thing.
    Should i do a fresh download?

cheers
    Sonya
  11. Flotsom

Message Count:
    I'm thinking that is well worth the try at this point.

If you have repaired permissions after removing Norton, and checked for hidden files of it with Spotlight, then go ahead and do a fresh download of TLC, and then repair permissions after it installs, and hopefully all will be well. Actually there is one other minor issue that's bound to come up :D, but we'll just take this one step at a time.

Btw, if you have TLC v3.6 installed DO NOT remove it. Leave it there. Probably a good idea to take TLC v4 and put it in the trash without emptying it, just to keep the fresh download separated from the old one. You can empty the Trash later after everything is working.

Let me know how it goes. I'll just be here ... :hotcoffee hangin' on :hangin: to see how you do.
  12. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

Sorry to keep you hangin' on there, my little girls been a bit sick, so I had to dive out for a bit.
    I removed all Norton files with Spotlight, I repaired the permissions then downloaded TLC. V4 and installed it. I then repaired the permissions again and started it up, but again, the same thing!!!

What am I doing wrong? I have no idea.
    Have you any other thoughts.

Thanks again
    Sonya
  13. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Well Nuts!!

Sorry to hear about your little girls, Sonya. Hope they're feeling better soon!

This is definitely a head scratcher! I doubt you're doing anything wrong, but obviously there is something going on. Do you have v3.6 on board, and if so, is it working?

I will in the meantime try to re-create your script error and see if I can figure it out. Btw, are you cable, dial-up, or DSL?

Sorry for the lack of results so far, but don't worry ... we'll get it figured it out!

Thanks,
    flot
  14. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi again Flot

Kids asleep now, so all is well here:)
    I don't have v.3.6, I only ever had V.4.
    I'm on DSL.

Thanks so much, I really had given up, I was talking to Marc but he vanished and I haven't been able to reach him again. So you really are a star:)

Cheers
    Sonya
  15. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Sonya,

Let's try one more thing before I go bang my head against the wall for an inspiration. Let's do a complete shutdown, and re-start, and see what happens. Seems to me I had to restart after removing Virex.

Worth a try. let me know. :D
  16. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Marc gets pretty buried sometimes, but don't worry ... we will get this worked out! :D
  17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Ah!
    Hi Sonya!

I'm so sorry to have evaportated!
    Flots, Katie - thanks so much for trying to help. You suggested everything I would have.

Sonya, you say - right out of the box (or download), that the software is offering you this "director player error".

Does this happen with EVERY template? Or perhaps one you've created? The "Record Font" message tells me that the font you're trying to use is a "double bite" character. Like a Chinese letter. For some reason, fonts like this are hard for TLC to read in.

Are you on a fully "English" keyboard?
    The only other time I've heard this happening on a Mac is if you're on, for example, a Turkish language system.

Does this "record font" happen when you try and load in your own fonts? Or the built in Fonts.

And finally, did you fully upgrade to v4.1?
    (not that 4.1 fixes this problem, but I want to trouble shoot on the latest version).

Hope this helps for now Sonya!
    Sorry again for disapearing. Didn't mean to.

- Marc

18. sonyaB

Message Count:
    Hi Flot

I did a restart, but no good, still same message.
    Please don't feel you have to pursue this if its a pain, you've done loads already.
    But if you dont mind...;)

Cheers
    Sonya
  19. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Don't be silly ... This is what I am here for! Besides, I have very soft walls! :lol:, or is it a soft head? One of the two! :D And now with Marc back on it, we're sure to succeed ... eventually. Troubleshooting is just that though, and requires some occasionally and often tedious repitition, but don't give up ... the last shot has not been fired!
    :rant:
  20. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    Man! it's like reading a good book that you just can't put away.
    As i know nothing at all about MAC's, other than that the make pretty good hamburgers, i find myself fascinated by the strange but pleasant lingo, that invokes mental pictures of shiny, almost liquid like computers in a far away place. The struggle of the two hero's trying to overcome the evil forces that come from the "precious" software. And eventhough the great "wizzard" himself (after being on a spinoff for a while) get's involved and casts a mighty spell!.... it is not sure whether the two hero's will triumph and return savely to the shire, cause as allways we'll have to wait for the sequel.
    Where have i heard this before?...
    Anywho , Flot keep it it up mate, you can do it!
    Good luck hobbits,
    :beer:
    MD