Help..fuzzy letters

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by sc1, Dec 20, 2003.

1. sc1

Message Count:
    I have created our company's new logo, but the letters are fuzzy. I am using Arial Black font with outline text. I thought it was the outline, but when removed, the letters still appear fuzzy.

Even reducing the font size won't help.
  2. Lats

Message Count:
    We had a recent thread about 'grainy' letters which was attributed to another application.

Are you using something else after TLC, and how about posting an example.
  3. sc1

Message Count:
    I read the grainy letters post, but was unable to fix my problem. I am attaching an example. Also, how to add a symbol such as a registered symbol or trademark symbol.
  4. Lats

Message Count:
    I tried to duplicate the fuzziness, but it appeared to be ok, or perhaps my eyes are going :)

Attached Files:

5. Lats

Message Count:
    Oh, © = Alt0169, = Alt0153.
  6. sc1

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback. I still see the top right portion of the R being somewhat fuzzy or jagged, not a solid curve. I may just have to live with it for pubishing to a webpage, but for go-to-print, I would like it to be more distinct.

Regarding the copyright and trademark symbols, where do I find them. I would also like the registered symbol.

Thanks
  7. Lats

Message Count:
    Okay, I see what you mean. Perhaps it's a limitation on the font - does it happen on other fonts?
    ® = Alt0174.

You just enter them directly, ie hold down the Alt key and enter 0174 on the keypad to bring up ®.
  8. chino

Message Count:
    more jagged/fuzzy font

I have the same problem with most of the fonts I use. it is really noticable when the logo is printed.

Attached Files:

9. jjack

Message Count:
    I too have ths problem now. Never noticed it before until using an outline on the 'capitals' font.
    What can one do to remedy this?
  10. XPlow

Message Count:
    I am having the same problems when exporting my logo to be printed on business cards. The text and shadowing come across in a choppy looking format. I have tried exporting in the highest transparent and JPEG resolution. The logo looks great in the logo creator, but after it is exported the quality drops.

Looks like a few of us are affected by this...can someone help?
  11. jjack

Message Count:
    YIPPIE!!

I have fixed my problem!!
    Actually, I didn't fix it...........I worked around it.
    I saved a copy of the logo without any text and then added the text (outline and all) with Corel. Everything worked just fine from there.

QUESTION:
    Why does this happen when you give a font an outline?
    Things were going well ( printed cards and brochure just fine) until I put an outline on the text.

Julia
  12. XPlow

Message Count:
    Jjack, I did the same thing, but my logo objects print out as bad as the text.

I think it is because I am exporting it to Microsoft Picture manager, then to Publisher.

Anyone know how to export directly to publisher?
  13. jjack

Message Count:
    Have you tried openning the picture manager file and then 'copy and paste' the logo into Publisher?
  14. XPlow

Message Count:
    Yes, that is exactly how I get it into Publisher...or drag and drop....but when printed it looks terrible
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    Have any of you tried printing from TLC first, then scanning that into a file and using that file?

If you are using WinXP you might want to check for updates for your printers, scanners and multifunction machines.
  16. risa

Message Count:
    Help. My resolution export is terrible and way too low for printable material. How do you fix this?
  17. KD-did

Message Count:
    risa, it would be helpful to know what you have and haven't tried. Blurry lettering can happen for several reasons like effects, coloring and even what font has been chosen. Can you show us what is happening?