Help Flashcreator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Flash Dummy, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    Hello, I need some assistance with the FlashAdCreator. First let me say the software is Awesome. My number one problem is uploading it to my website. I own Macromedia Flash pro and Macromedia Dreamweaver. I made several Flash files for my website, but the only problem i have is im the only one that can see the flash.This problem repeats again when i use Flashadcreator. Can anyone help me. :helpnow:

2. Chris

Message Count:
    Did you upload the assets folder to your website?

3. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    I tried uploading the assets folder. But it wont upload folder only the images inside the folder.

4. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    i use yahoo sitebuilder. my hosting provider. i dont know if u are familiar with that software

5. Chris

Message Count:
    yes familiar with yahoo site builder. You have to create a new folder on the server first and name it assets, and then upload the contents inside the assets folder into that folder.

6. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    ok Thank you. in sitebuilder do i have to insert the html code in. or the asset and .swf file will show up

7. Chris

Message Count:
    No, all you have to do is upload the .swf file and then do the assets folder contents. Make sure that the .swf file is NOT in the assets folder.

8. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    one more question? in sitebuiler how to do i create folder. do i go to file, open new page.

9. Chris

Message Count:
    Hmmmmmmm.. No that wouldn't do it. You should have an option for creating a folder. It should be in the same place as the files for your website.

10. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    im trying to find that nothing that i can see. i even try looking in my filemanager. still dont know how to create a folder.

11. Chris

Message Count:
    give me a sec, I am looking to.

OK got it. Once in file manager. Click on create subdirectories. Then type in the name of the folder you want,...... your case assets.

12. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    ok i found out how to insert folder. i have to go to filemanager then right click, click create folder.

13. Chris

Message Count:
    Once you create your new subdirectory you then have to click on the name of the new folder you just made then that will open up that folder on the server for you to upload your files.

14. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    lol this sitebuilder is a adventure. now i created the assets folder i have to figure out how to upload the contents in it.

15. Chris

Message Count:
    look at post #13

16. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    that wont work . i tried that.

17. Chris

Message Count:
    You clicked on the folder name Assets and then when that page opened you then clicked on upload files button on the right hand side of the screen?

18. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    i have the folder created, i double click on the folder nothing happens. i cant even paste the folder content into it either.

19. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    there is no button on the right hand for upload all i have is a preview.

20. Flash Dummy

Message Count:
    let me see if i can do the same with dreamweaver