Heaven Hi to all!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by hunter493, Mar 20, 2008.

1. hunter493

Message Count:
    This is my first time here and so far i love it.

I am the owner of www.altovesto.com and i am looking for someone to make me a great logo.

If anyone wants the job all you have to do is just upgrade my old logo making it a lot smaller and maybe something like a glass backgrown.

Let me know what you can do for me.

Thanks.

2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Welcome to the forum Hunter.
    ... interesting site you have.

I did a search for Logo Creator ... and TheLogoCreator.com came up #1.
    Nice search engine you have there :)

Marc

3. Chris

Message Count:
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

4. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Hi

I look forward to giving your logo a "shot...Welcome to our forum.

5. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    My SHOT

This is another logo I would enjoy animating...........
    TC

Attached Files:

6. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    Different approach.
    MD

Attached Files:

7. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
  8. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    isn't it the otherway around?
    the globe you used looks like a frame from an animated gif.
    ...c'mon

9. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    small differences
    MD

Attached Files:

10. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Any shortcut to accomplish the look

11. hunter493

Message Count:
    I did not make my logo and i really don't know what they used to make it.

Can you make the site name stand out bold?

12. hunter493

Message Count:
    Can you remove the blue back ground for me to get a better look?

13. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Per Your Request

Yes, how are these?

Attached Files:

14. hunter493

Message Count:
    Hi,

I love what i am seeing.....I do have one question for very one.....The question is ...........Is it possible to put the trade mark sign on the logo?

Thanks

15. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Thanx

I am not a lawyer and although the globe, the font and the (image I used from the logo creator) are "public domain" the combination of these for your company in the manner I designed them would be considered propietary to your company...for copyright purposes (see the definition from dictionary below.......The ability to trade mark involves your name etc..and your logo......
    I've added the copyright for "display purposes" only but I have not had a problem in the past...Thanx for your consideration.
    We can proceed thru PM's if we are on the same page......
    TC
    DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF PROPRIETARY
    Exclusively owned; private: a proprietary hospital.
    Owned by a private individual or corporation under a trademark or patent

Attached Files:

16. awalck

Message Count:
    I believe you can use "TM" until the official Trademark or Copyright paperwork has been filed, but you shouldn't use the "©" unless it has been officially copyrighted. Just a thought.

17. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Thanx Awalk...........This legal "stuff" is why lawyers make money!!
    He should get a legal opinion..
    In my 30+ years I have stayed as "clear" as possible regarding the legal issues, I'm confident on the copyright, although your thoughts are appreciated, maybe I've just been lucky, but the trademark is a different "animal".
    I appreciate your opinion and input.
    TC

18. awalck

Message Count:
    Hi Hunter. Welcome to the forum. I was wondering if you are set on keeping the globe?

19. awalck

Message Count:
    I stand corrected.

I'm sure the answer is somwhere in the forum already, but I stand corrected on my "opinion". I stated the "©" and should have stated that the "®" symbol could not be used. Here is some legal advice from a well-respected U.S. web source.

The use of the copyright notice is the responsibility of the copyright owner and does not require advance permission from, or registration with, the Copyright Office.

Correct Form For The Copyright Symbol
    The notice for visually perceptible copies should contain all the following three elements:
    The copyright symbol © (the letter C in a circle), or the word "Copyright," or the abbreviation "Copr."

The year of first publication of the work. In the case of compilations or derivative works incorporating previously published material, the year date of first publication of the compilation or derivative work is sufficient. The year date may be omitted where a pictorial, graphic, or sculptural work, with accompanying textual matter, if any, is reproduced in or on greeting cards, postcards, stationery, jewelry, dolls, toys, or any useful article.

The name of the owner of copyright in the work, or an abbreviation by which the name can be recognized, or a generally known alternative designation of the owner.

The use of the symbols TM or SM are not governed by federal law. However, sometimes these symbols are governed by local, state, or foreign laws. Otherwise, you can freely use the symbols TM for trademark or SM for service mark to indicate that you are claiming rights to the marks without (or before) having federal registration.
    Federal Registration Symbol ®
    The traditional trademark symbol or federal registration symbol may be used once the mark is actually registered with the USPTO. Even though an application is pending, the registration symbol may not be used before the mark has actually become registered. The federal registration symbol should only be used on goods or services that are the subject of the federal trademark registration.
    [Note: Several foreign countries use the letter R enclosed within a circle to indicate that a mark is registered in that country. ​

20. awalck

Message Count:
    Hunter, here's some other ideas...

Personally, I would change the aqua (light blue) color to a darker blue on your site and use a logo to match it. The aqua doesn't come across 'strong' enough. You have a strong search engine and it should be a strong color. Just a thought. :)

Attached Files: