header and logo needed - ideas?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Hey all,

My neighbour wants to put up a small website to try to sell wedding dresses. So she needs a header and a logo. Uhh... I don't know anything about dresses and such, so perhaps someone out there may have an idea? She wants to call the business "Aisles & Styles" (walking down the aisle - stylish). This is the type of site she wishes to set up: http://www.weddingo.net/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=29&cat=Jacqueline Bridals style

Anything you could throw at me would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
  2. Skitzo

Message Count:
    This is the type of site I'm thinking of putting together for her - any logo's that could match this?

Attached Files:

3. Wicked

Message Count:
    you putting the logo where it says Wedding album at the top center?
  4. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Ya - actually that's what I was thinking - but I don't actually HAVE that template - I'll make one that looks like it (hopefully). Perhaps I should look around for a free template .....
  5. 3DS

Message Count:
    Hey Skitzo,

Whenever I need ideas & inspiration for a project I usually head for stock.xchng at http://www.sxc.hu/ Great for using images to extract, redraw, live trace, manipulate, etc.

Do a search (weddings, etc.) and find tons of images from many photographers & artists....and they're "free of charge". Read all about it on the homepage. More info available on most artist's gallery profile also. Don't forget to register so you can log-in, browse, add images to your lightbox, download, contact artist, etc.

I usually send the photographer/artist a thank you and a sample of my work by email, if they've requested. But that's just me. They always love what I've done with their work (I haven't got a complaint yet).

Good luck.
  6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Skitzo so I do not misunderstand are you looking for someone to do you a logo or a header design, just looking for inspiration, or are you waiting till you get a template together?
  7. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Well that's a good question. Ya see, my friend who is gogn to import these dresses (hopefully) has permission from her supplier to use anything off his site. So I downloaded his site and it's 245 megs!!! IT's huge. There must a few hundred html files with similar names: sd5062a.html and sd5062b.html and sd5062c.html. I don't know how this damn site was built but it must have been some crazy program. What I'm doign at present is simply deleting pages to cull it down - and then I need to come up with the header to drop in. So I guess a header would be in order right now - I'm not going to change too much around for her - it'll be weeks worth of work. Anyhow know how this site was built?

http://www.weddingo.net/
  8. Wicked

Message Count:
    With so many CMS applications out there today I am not sure which one might have been used to make that type of output. Thanks for your response. Is weddingo.net the actual site that the header will be for? I just keep asking cause I might try something for you.
  9. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Ahhh so it's a CMS package eh? That may explain it. Well the site look like that wedding site with just a different header. My neighbour is working with the guy who ownes that site and he siad "take wat you want" - so I'll help her rebuild that site exactly the same but drop a nice header on top - I'm thinking an elegant red coulour?
  10. Wicked

Message Count:
    Well I can not say for sure a CMS app had anything to do with it but I make that assumption because of the oddly named .html pages a23423.htm and things like that. Typically it is sometimes good practice to name the page something similar to what content is on the page to better encourage the search engine spiders.
  11. 3DS

Message Count:
    For designing a banner, I'd probably incorporate one of the modeled dresses into a panoramic scene or design, to match the banner's proportions. Of course choosing a fav from all those models and thier dresses is where your dilemma is, lol. There are so many great styles to choose from.

There would be several immediate ways to go with that; photo manipulation of modeled dress into a desired background, a bg large enuff to accomodate the entire banner, or resized the bg until it does fit, and do some blending. I'd even incorporate images from website source I mentioned earlier if they helped with the theme or design.

I noticed some of those sample images have some really nice elegant backgrounds - only not much there to work with from the cropped image. This would make me match those useable colors on the edges to recreate and blend the rest of the banner size and go from there.

Then there is taking your choice and incorporating it into a BG designed by yourself or ready-made elements; preferrably floral and decorative vector art, add your titles and slogans afterwards of course. There are several Free sites out there with vector art and Ps brushes available.

Oh, and using red colors for anything for weddings, in this country in general, would probably be a huge mistake, unless you live in China of course, it would then be considered a good choice (royalty, good fortune and all). So it may not be good for the website theme color. Instead I'd look for accent pastel colors, light springtime color themes, etc. Just a thought.
  12. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    looks like its a old shopping cart!!!
  13. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Shopping cart eh... could be - it has one in there. But ya, it's HUGE - 245 Megs. I'll throw a gallery together and let you guys comment on it.

thx
  14. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Here's a couple background headers I just made - it simply needs elements and the words in there. I was trying to make a mask type thing on the right side and have the lettering on the left. Then I need a picture of the dresses in there - ugh. It's not working... anyhow here are a couple of the header backgrounds I just made. What if I put a black bar on the top or bottom....?

Attached Files:

15. Skitzo

Message Count:
    with a window

Attached Files:

16. Wicked

Message Count:
    needs a dress or wedding type article in the window.. I like the open sign.
  17. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    it would be huge if you look at all the images that you have!!!!:image10:
  18. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    why are you going red? i have never seen or have associated red with any weddings or black, unless you are a member of some occult:image10:

creams ,white ,beige,opal, colours you would see :image10-2:
  19. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Ok I put the dresses in, and I decided to animate it - now I need something under the "Order Now" button. Here it is so far:
  20. Wicked

Message Count:
    Well I agree that red is not your typical wedding color but I think it works. It has a comfortable feel for me anyway with the mild texture in the red. Looking good Skitz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.