Have three versions - How do I combine them?

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by WendSong, Mar 17, 2007.

1. WendSong

Message Count:
    I just purchased (didn't realize I could upgrade) the corporate edition V5. I discovered that I now have 3 folders with Logo Creator. 1 is labelled LogoCreatorv3 and has LC 3 in it. 2nd is labelled The Logo Creator and has a corporate edition in it. The 3rd is the one I just purchased. It's labelled The Logo Creator v5 and has the corporate edition in it.

Is there some way to combine the libraries, etc, so I have access to all of the templates and my old logos, etc.?

If so, please explain it to me like I'm an idiot. :Lookin:

Thanks,
    Wendsong
  2. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    yes there is all you do is right click on your desktop icon ,go properties find target
    this will open up all your files within the program, then all you do is transfer all your stuff in to the relevant folders within ,i hope this helps you should you have any problems then just get back to us we are always willing to help
  3. WendSong

Message Count:
    Thank you for the advice, but it won't work. The files in the old folders have the same name, but are different files. Also, the folder names in the new Program are different and hold different content than the old. It's hard to know what's in them. They aren't consistant from one version to the other.

Can you give me any suggestions? Perhaps you could email me a listing of file folders and content. Or if I just add the entire folder to the new version, will the open search be able to find it, for instance if I am looking for orbs or a template. Need help here. Some of the logo templates in the older versions are really great and I hate not to be able to use them or have to jump back and forth between the programs.

:image09:
    Wendsong
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    There is actually a good reason to keep all of your TLC versions and that is some embedded fonts were lost due to price changes for licensing of fonts. Unfortunately the fonts can not be moved and combined for some technical reason.

I have on my PC TLC V2, V3.6.1 and V5.:image28:
  5. WendSong

Message Count:
    If I have a partially created logo in one version, can I use Orbs, etc from other versions on it? Can I access these things from the same program or do I have to save and exit and then start over.

Where can I find a wish list for your next version?

:image08:
    Wendsong
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    To get an element from one edition to another...
    1)you would click on "import image"
    2) go to "local disk" usually C
    3) then to "program files"
    4) to the TLC version that has the orb you want
    5)and pick the element you want

If your partially created logo was done in an earlier version you can copy the .tlc file to your desktop. After launching V5 open your saved .tlc file .And you will even be able to save it as a template.
  7. WendSong

Message Count:
    Speaking of Fonts

Thankk you for the advice. I found another post showing a different way to combine the two versions. Will give that a try, tho' I am a little shaky on what to do.

Also, I have been looking at the font file and discovered that V5 has 99 fonts in the file, but only 75 show up in the program font list. How can I access the other 24 or so fonts? One is called "ashes", for reference. (One doesn't expect to loose capability with an upgraded version.)

I read a previous post that said not to try to combine old and new fonts in one folder, so I won't.

Wendsong
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
  9. WendSong

Message Count:
    The 25 are fonts I found in your embedded file, The Logo Creator v5\Resources\canvas\fonts, that don't show up are Ashes, CacMoose, Call of the Wild, Carter Script, CrazySoos, DollarBill, DontCry, DrumBeat, Graviton, Green-Normal, KickedAgain, Ontop Bold, PainterLt, Paprus, Paryson, Scratch, SlyScript, SoHeavy, SoSkinny, Squashed, Titan, Tomorrow, Tonight, YelloBrick, Yesterdaylight. These are not my system fonts.

None of them show up when I choose format and click the bottom fonts option button.

I am not particularly interested in where to buy them, since I feel I already have. Just wanting to know how to access all of the fonts that are in the font folder.

I also found two empty folders: The Logo Creator v5\Logo Libraries\Corporate Pack and CorporateValuesPack. I bought the Corporate Logo Creator. Is there supposed to be something in these folders? Corporate Pack is a choice under "Select a Logo Set".

I feel as if I paid for more than I actually got.

Thanks for your help
    Wendsong
  10. starboard

Message Count:
    I have all three versions too. It would be cool if there was an easier way to combine them.
  11. latenights

Message Count:
    I have version 4.1 Corporate and I am in the process of upgrading it to the already purchased 5.0 with the 5.1 update. The same problem is for me. I will live with previous versions of TLC installed, if I must, but I would also like all the logo sets to be visible in TLC 5.1.

It seems by reading the threads that there is no way to combine them, but can't 5.1 see the 4.1 logo sets?

Also Are my templates forward compatible? Can I just dump them all the same My Templates folder of version 5?

btw: thanks to Marc, I got the keys again when the PC crashed. so now i am not up so many "latenights" -- Great customer support for a 2005 purchase.