Great!

Discussion in 'Forum updates and features!' started by Ohiosweetie, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    I love the new look of the forum, and the entire site in general. Very professional.

There are some issues I'd like to address though -

1. I do think that some of the images are overly large, especially the postbit buttons, and the smilies. When you use a smiley in a post it breaks up the lines and looks silly. (Sorry, but I'm blunt, you know this about me Marc, lol).
    2. There are too many default vBulletin images around, and they disrupt the professional look that I believe you're going for here. a) the navigation bar beneath the header, b) the small folder images above the navbar, c) some of the buttons in the postbit. Why design a new edit and quote button, and leave the multiquote on/off and quickreply buttons vBulletin default?? It look half-done. Once these are taken care of, you'll have an absolutely smashing forum design.

Other than that.... great job!
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Peggy, what browser do you use?
  3. Chris

Message Count:
    Yes Peggy I see thee also. I believe these are things Marc is working on during his free time. But great points to bring up. Oh and stop hiding from me. LOL
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    LOL~!
    Love your new look Chris. Cracks me up.

Peggy, coming from a theme designer, I take you *******s to heart.
    some of your suggestions... I just don't know how to fix! I dabble with the vBulletin coding, but I'm not fluent with it.

I may ask you how to remove some of the things you mention like the multiquote feature or the small images above the navbar.
  5. Doc

Message Count:
    The multiquote icon (and indeed all the other icons) are no problem to replace. The best thing if you are not sure of the location is to right click on the icon (or whatever the Mac equivalent action is) and examine the properties, this will give you the name of the icon and also its location. You need to remember that a number of the icons have 2 graphics associated with them as they toggle states and the multiquote falls in to this category.
  6. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    KD I use both Firefox and IE7.

Marc you don't have to dabble with code to fix the things I mentioned.

Most forum owners disable the quickreply feature. It's a PITA anyway. As for the Multiquote, I like this feature alot. As you can see, I've used it to reply to both you and KD in one post. Cuts down on useless multiple posts, imo. You just need two buttons - a multiquote_on, and a multiquote_off.

The navbar - If you right click on it, it looks like there's supposed to be a repeating image, blue on bottom, white on top, and dk blue in the middle. But that's not what's there, so somehow the image isn't showing.

I'd be glad to help you with any/all of this if you'd like. Just holler. :)
  7. Chris

Message Count:
    I Updated 98% of this today Peggy.

Even fixed the navbits (The little icons in the navbar area).
  8. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    Woo hoo great job Chris, this look fantastic!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.