Gradiated Background Color-Help

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by CrazyJose, Mar 7, 2009.

1. CrazyJose

Message Count:
    Hey everyone!

Did you hear that door slam? I didn't hear it either. I've just appeared suddenly in the room and I left the door wide open behind me. Yep- raised in a barn.

Here's the deal. I need the background of my logo to be gradiated from dark blue on the bottom to light blue on top. When I go to change background color, the only option is to change the color, all solid. The text is easy to gradiate, because there is an option for that. Why is there no option for background color?:image25:
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    As work around for a gradient background you can look through and find gradient "images" to use.... flipped, rotated or change the opacity .If necessary enlarge and export and import back onto TLC canvas. There are several choose from and can be colored as an gradient image without a need for masking.
  3. CrazyJose

Message Count:
    Thanks, KD-Did!

Much obliged.

My answer was in my own question. On an empty canvas I made the background deep blue. Then I went to edit text and added a period (because it's square). In the gradiated color area for the period I set one color to the background and the other color to white and set the repetitions to 4. Then I expanded the period to fit what I needed, then duplicated and *Poof* there was my gradiated background. Works good for making those shiny looking buttons, too.:image28:
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    The other option is to use the embedded font "SHAPES" for your square (or other desired shapes) as some fonts will have a period in its characters.Type S or s depending on if you want rounded corners or not ... choose embedded font SHAPES. Control the gradient coloring.
  5. CrazyJose

Message Count:
    Embeded font shapes? Where do I look for that? I looked around and didn't see that option.
  6. KD-did

Message Count: