Going Crazy Exporting to CIC, Transparency and Canvas Size

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by Danbo020759, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Danbo020759

Message Count:
    I have searched and searched, read and read, tried and tried and STILL the following happens --

1) Open TLC
    2) Build a logo on a background that says it's 631 x 254.
    3) Set a background color by choosing the color of the surrounding canvas (usually white or black).

[​IMG]

4) Export to transparent PNG and answer yes to the 'highest quality render' question. The canvas size on the export screen also says 631 x 254.
    5) Open CIC
    6) Import the graphic and --

The graphic shows up but the scaleable box surrounding it is TWICE AS DEEP as the original logo (and the extra area beneath the logo is "empty," throwing off my scaling and priniting operations.

[​IMG]

What am I doing wrong????

Dan
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Dan.
    thanks very much for the in-depth post!

We'll take a look at this asap.
    very interesting. Your screenshots helped quite a bit.

Is anybody else reading this post experiencing the same issues?

Dan, if you export as a Jpeg (instead of a PNG), do you get the same results.

I'll have an updated posted as soon as I can.

- Marc
  3. Danbo020759

Message Count:
    Marc,

Thank you for your help in looking into this matter. It happens no matter if I output to transparent PNG or transparent GIF or even as a JPG.

Again, looking forward to any input you have.

Dan
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Dan, I have sent you a fix for this in the form of an updater.

If this update solves your problem, I will post it for everybody. I have been able to replicate your distortion, and have successfully fixed it with this updater.

Let me know here - or via PM or eMail:
    marc @ thelogocreator.com

- Marc
  5. Danbo020759

Message Count:
    I'd just like to say "Thanks" to Marc for his hard work in solving this frustrating problem. I am very pleased with the high level of customer service afforded me in this matter!
  6. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Dan.
    Thanks for this. I appreciated your post.

I'm glad this solved the problem for you!

I'll be uploading this new version shortly for everybody else.

- Marc
  7. Slipperyman

Message Count:
    Marc , Same thing is happening here, I´ve installed the 1.5 updater...... can u help me too?
  8. tdm900

Message Count:
    problems , problems , problems.

Dear Marc , i bought 4 software programs.The logo creator mega pack (and the simple first) , the AD creator,and the CIC from you and i'm very desapointed. I did this to make my life easy but finally it is too difficult. The "ad creator" is a poor programm , and the CIC doesn't print anything!!
    I have 3 days reading....searching.... to find how can i print from CIC creator. Problems with margins,label size , numbers an values,backgrounds , and the settings don't display mm , cm , or inches. Nothing!!!
    Also and the 4 softwares don't support greek fonts.:image27:
    I paid 160 euros for all these , and i can't do anything. Please help me!!!
  9. Doc

Message Count:
    Hang on in there, I will send a PM to Marc asking him to check out your post.
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    Just yesterday Marc announced an update coming shortly for CiC.
    I can not explain why you can't get your CiC to print for you... you might explore printer settings which may offer a solution. Go to your printer's manufacturer website and see if they have a support forum as others may have had similar problems with other programs. Check and be sure your actual printer is set as the default printer. I have myself found some programs
    will install an non existent printer in order for their program to work and make it the default printer without any warning during the installation process.

I just recently discovered that I could get TLC to use Japanese fonts with an English keyboard if set up properly and it maybe possible with Greek. Up until just recently TLC was considered unfriendly with foreign language characters, but a change of setting to the OS keyboard settins makes it possible.

Take a look at:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8100
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hello TDM.
    Wow.
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles!

It may very well have something to do with your Greek system.
    Send me a PM (private message) with your name and Order Confirmation number (that you received when you purchased) and I'll get you taken care of.

Marc