Gcuneo2's TLC ver 6.0 help files....

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How-To' started by gcuneo2, Jul 11, 2012.

1. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Here is how to create your own custom library of graphics, that will show up in your pull down menus!

Attached Files:

2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Gotta question about what really happens when you install The logo creator? Wanna figure out how to "uninstall" it?

TLC is a very clean install-- It doesn't gunk up your system registry. All ya gotta do is delete the directories created when you installed (the laughingbird documents directory and the one created where the EXE and a few other files got installed).
    [​IMG]

Of course on your computer "glenn" would be different.

On my computer this is where I installed The Logo Creator:
    C:\logo 6 test\The Logo Creator v6

[​IMG]
    THE STUFF BELOW IS "NICE TO KNOW"
    If you take the time to explore your system registry (just type in REGEDIT in your start box) (BUT PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN IT) you will notice the only mention of The logo creator, or Laughingbird software is noted in stuff you've downloaded, like the original zip files, or element libraries. That's why is does not show up in the PROGRAMS / FEATURES in your control panel.

You will also note that "CCleaner" (a great free program found at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) (and not affiliated with Laughingbird software- I just happen to really like the program) doesn't list The logo creator either.

So to uninstall it (The Logo Creator) all you have to is delete the "Laughingbird Documents" folder in the first example listed above, and delete the directory wherever you put the working files for version 6.0 (my example is listed above).
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Using your arrow keys to move stuff around! Some folk have problems using a mouse, here is a method utilizing MS Windows "Mouse Keys". It uses the numeric keypad (the far right of the keyboard) and there is a slight learning curve-- it only took me 10 minutes to be really proficient!

You need to enable MOUSE KEYS in Windows. There is a slight learning curve, but I've done it, and became quite proficient at it--- I now keep it running in the background all the time just in case my cordless mouse stops working, and I can't find my backup usb mouse.

MouseKeys is designed for people who have difficulty using a mouse. MouseKeys allows you to use the numeric keypad (NOT the numbers just above the QWERTY key row) to control the mouse pointer. If you want to use the numeric keypad for data entry as well as for navigation, you can set the MouseKeys to be activated by pressing NUM LOCK.

1. Open Accessibility Options
    To open Accessibility Options, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options

2. On the Mouse tab, under MouseKeys, select the Use MouseKeys check box.
    To turn off MouseKeys, clear the Use MouseKeys check box.

To turn on MouseKeys using keystrokes
    1. Press left ALT + left SHIFT + NUM LOCK.
    2. In the MouseKeys message dialog box, press SPACEBAR to clear the Turn off keyboard shortcut for this accessibility feature check box.
    3. Press TAB, and then press ENTER.

If MouseKeys does not turn on using the keystrokes above, follow the steps below.
    1. Press the Windows logo key ([​IMG]) + R to display the Run dialog box.
    2. Type access.cpl and press ENTER.
    3. Press CTRL+TAB until the Mouse tab is selected.
    4. To select Use MouseKeys, press SPACEBAR.
    5. Press TAB twice to select OK, and then press ENTER.

Note:To change settings for MouseKeys, on the Mouse tab, click Settings.

If the Use shortcut check box in the Settings for MouseKeys dialog box is selected, you can turn MouseKeys on or off by pressing left ALT+left SHIFT+NUM LOCK.
  5. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Having problems selecting a logo element amongst many in a template.
    Having problems selecting items in a template because there are lots of elements in it?

1. IN TLC version 6.0 go to MODIFY then select "show element labels." All you have to do is click on the element label "Label1, label 2, label 3, etc..." to select your item.

2. Type MAGNIFY in your search programs and files box. It's the box that first appears when you select the "start" button.

3. Press your "windows" button on your keyboard (not all keyboards have this key) and + (it's above the =sign).
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    GROUPING ITEMS. Wanna move a bunch of logo elements around together, at the same time? It's not creating a "group" of items like in Powerpoint, but it does let you temporarily group logo elements together if you need to move a bunch of em around all at the same time.

Hold down your shift key and select each item, (don't let go of the shift key!)

Sometimes if you have multiple items all close together select MODIFY then SHOW ELEMENT LABELS, all you have to do the is click on the element label.

If you want to move all the selected items around: CONTINUE TO PRESS THE SHIFT KEY DOWN, then, WHILE PRESSING BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS, move em around!
  7. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    This is how you use just about ANY language with ver. 6.0 and above of The Logo Creator!

chinese logo.jpg

1. Go here: http://translate.google.com/

2. Type your text in, click translate (pick your language). Many of the languages aren't that interesting to look at after translation.

3. Copy the translated text.

4. Paste into the text box, then select "Add text to canvas".

Don't ask me how it does it, but TLC lets you edit all text attributes! (Outline, character spacing, size, etc...)

Of course you have to take the translations with a grain of salt, but some of them are purty to look at!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014