1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Free 1 month to photos.com

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by jeff21up, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff21up

Message Count:
    How do you get the free 1 month to photos.com, clicked the link but there is nowhere to select the free 1 month?
    Thanks
    Jeff
  2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Do you mean photobjects? That promotion ended quite some time ago if thats the one you are talking about. Im not aware of any others. I think photobjects site shut down or something. I can't remember.
  3. doc fluty

Message Count:
    oh its over?

I just bought the web graphics Creator 10 minutes ago and was wondering why i couldn't get the month free..

this sucks if its over... its still advertised as a promotion on multipile sites!

see.. its even in the laughingbird manual

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/manuals/WGC_help_manual_W.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/The-Web-Graphics-Creator-v3-0/dp/B000BB46KS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832749018

http://vnunet.digitalriver.com/dr/v...879762&CUR=826&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

I'm not happy with my purchase if this is true... the main reason i purchased this software was the button creator and it seems that i actually cant edit the buttons at all. In fact if i try to put more than one word in there the buttons are too small...

I have TLC web 2.0 and you can edit size and everything in there.. i was thinking i could do the same with the buttons i created...

i was gonna work around it because i thought i got the photo.com for free for a month.. but if I'm not getting that either I'm really going to be upset... this is my 3rd laughingbird purchase and the only one I'm beginning to regret... hopefully i just don't know how to make the buttons bigger and that photoobjects.net thing can be fixed...

should i email Marc about this or what?
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    I keep seeing you guys say photos.com? Where does it say a promotion anywhere for photos.com? Getting confused. As for photoobjects.net that was discontinued.

Quote from Marc on forums:

There are other places where it was discussed as being discontinued. Your right some information does seem to be updated. However I am not familiar with the newegg website you referenced. Is that a website where they are reselling the software or has Marc created an account there and uploaded his product? Not sure how it works but if NewEgg is one the selling the software then it is their responsibility to keep their information up to date.

As for the others it looks like Marc needs to update some information to avoid futher confusion. If you ever make contact with Marc perhaps he can arrange something between the two of you to reach resolution.

This was not something Marc did. Photoobjects stopped making this available. So its not something that can be fixed. It just doesn't apply anymore.

As for the buttons not being as editable as you wished I hate to hear its not meeting the standards of what you expected. Asking the question or searching on the forum could have helped you out there. Im pretty sure The Web Graphics Creator is one of the current products under going upgrades if I am not mistaken. Perhaps the ability to resize and things will be initiated in the new release. Really can't say.

So if you would need further resolution about this it would be with Marc. Im afraid the above text is all I know at the moment.
  5. doc fluty

Message Count:
    PhotoObjects.net seems to have merged with photo.com...

maybe thats why people are getting mixed up... so if you type in www.photoobjects.net it takes you to photo.com

And yes i will email Marc about these issues... kinda sucks because i sent him a few letters lately and its been over 11 days and no reply.. i did do a search in here but nowhere did i see someone say that the buttons are not editable, would usually only fit one word, not be able to change the font or font color... or really change anything about them

such as if i type in "resources" ...in many of the buttons that word just wont fit.. "products" wont fit in many rounds buttons..

even if the information might be available on a forum that the service is no longer available, it should also be taken out of the manual and exspecially when its a drop down option INSIDE the program...

there is a button that says "get free 1 month subscription".. and when you click on it.. all it says is "sorry this is no longer available"

anyway.. its prolly like you said... not something that marc can fix... but he CAN fix whats inside the program and also the manual to avoid other people spending $47 on something that doesnt include what the manual and the program says is included.

as far as the actual buttons go...i was under the impression it was like the other software i purchased and i could change the color and size of the buttons... but anyway... I'm sure Marc will take care of this... he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure we can come up with something..
  6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Oh ok.. That makes sense. I might have heard about the merge and forgot.. Short term memory here. Marc is a nice guy indeed so Im sure he will make ends meet with you. As for the buttons you are requiring. Do you need them to be flash buttons? If not let me know what you are looking for or show me an example of something and I will make you some .png or .jpg buttons if you want. I am decent at buttons.
  7. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    Marc has no control what is advertised on other people's sites, only what he has on his own sites.

As far as the manual goes, that may need to be updated, but, it's not part of the sales page and therefore shouldn't be expected as part of the purchase.
  8. doc fluty

Message Count:
    maybe now that the site is back up mark can help with this problem and other issues..
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yes, this was one of the last posts before the forum went down.

The free 1 month subscription to PhotoObjects.net is unfortunately gone. Not my doing I must add.

I made a terrific deal with the PhotoObjects people, but they've gone offline. Times are tough for many ... including Jupiter Media (the people who own PhotoObjects.net)

They've since combined their services into http://www.photos.com - which MAY still accept your PhotoObjects subscription key. Try it.

I'm currently working on a deal with http://www.iclipart.com - I'll keep you all posted.

Marc
  10. GCFL

Message Count:
    I would try istockphoto!!! I use them all the time...great photos and illustrations.
  11. doc fluty

Message Count:
    sounds fair.. keep us updated on anything you can work out
  12. jeff21up

Message Count:
    Actually the promotion is in the email sent after purchasing it directs you to the following
    http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/PhotoObjects.html#
    I am also sure I came across this page before I purchased as well, I did do a lot of reading before I bought it
    Jeff
  13. doc fluty

Message Count:
    i saw that too!

i just didnt wanna mention it because i couldnt find it again and didnt want to seem like i was making stuff up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.