Forum Site Review

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by KahneFan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. KahneFan

Message Count:
    OK, I've had y'all help with the logo, which I'm still deciding on, but please let me know what y'all think of the rest of the designs on my site. Any and all feedback is very appreciated.

Also, I'm currently running a $20 referral contest. Has anyone here ever tried this? Does it work? Is $20 too much/too little?

http://www.ipostyoupost.com
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Kahne.

Interesting idea.
    ... explain what a 'referral contest' is. Perhaps others would like to know how to implement it.
  3. Just Bill

Message Count:
  4. KahneFan

Message Count:
    @ laughingbird, I installed a referral system which tracks when a member refers another person (who joins). At the end of the month, whomever has referred the most new members wins. Sites would want to put different restrictions based upon your site's purpose though. For example, the referred members have to also have posted at least one post each. If you're selling a product, you might state that the referred members have to have purchased at least 1 item, downloaded 1 song, uploaded 1 picture... whatever you site's purpose is.

@ Bill, thanks! I'll check it out.
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    What a great idea!

I'll have to check this out on your site a little further.
    ... is this a script you put together yourself? Or a forum add-on?

Very cool Kahne.
    Keep us posted on how its working out!

Marc
  6. Wicked

Message Count:
    I don't see any other designs on your site.. Just the logo. When you say the rest of the designs what exactly are you pointing us too?
  7. KahneFan

Message Count:
    The on/off icons... which I guess you can't see unless you're a member. Try logging in with username: wcfguest, pass: wcfguest

This will allow you to see the on icons lit up.

Plus reviewing the overall feel of the site as far as colors and feel. I've been on some sites that I think... what were they thinking?! If you feel this way, PLEASE let me know :image07:

Below is a screenshot of how my forum used to look, so as you can see, I've changed it up quiet a bit.

[​IMG]
  8. KahneFan

Message Count:
    @ LB, all credit goes HERE. You may be able to take a look into that mod file and see what they've done to see if something similar could work for your site.
  9. h8er

Message Count:
    Marc - VBBullentin also has a referral MOD.

[​IMG]
  10. KahneFan

Message Count:
    I've been looking into vB, but it costs and I'm just not seeing the cost benifit as of yet. Once my site gets a strong following (like this one), maybe I'll feel a pinch somewhere, but nothing as of yet.

One difference also, is that MOD free or $$?
  11. h8er

Message Count:
    My comment was directed toward Marc (LB). [​IMG]
  12. KahneFan

Message Count:
    iPost was down for a few days, but we're right back on track. Sorry for any troubles.