Forum Off Line Today

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by OldenGray, Jan 13, 2009.

1. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Can't tell if it was a server problem or a major electrical outage today. But, for some reason, the forum could not be accessed here on the East Coast (the Right Coast). I used Google to search for the URL and got several listings, which I followed up on to no avail. Got a page saying that they could not find Laughingbird, the Small Business Design Forum or any other URL matching my search request. It finally came back online about 2:30 p.m. eastern.
  2. Buffbaud

Message Count:
    I had the same problem at the same time on the West Coast.
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yes,
    it was the server.

ALL of my sites went down for a time.

My hosting provider (Lunarpages.com) said it was 'server overload' and it shut down! Too much traffic. LOL.

Normally, that's a good thing.

(they fixed it by restarting the server ... and I updated the turbo engines so it doesn't happen again).
  4. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Threw us all into a panic, it did!
  5. Borpean

Message Count:
    Yea. Too bad that happens (shutting down due to traffic) however, it does happen and will again at some point. But I say if the site/s are down for more than a full day or days then yes... PANIC!!!! :image12:
  6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Well I do not know anything about turbo engines but I would think Lunarpages would have the option to purchase more bandwidth dont they? Always have to have room for expansion.. So jelous.. Wish I was fighting to keep my site up due to too much traffic..lol. Cant say much though I really don't promote it much till I get it the way I want.