Foreign language TLC with proper regional and languag settings on an English keyboard

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by KD-did, Jul 6, 2008.

1. KD-did

Message Count:
    TLC can run properly with proper IME for the language ( for PC XP and Vista) and correct language fonts has to be downloaded or taken from Windows installation disk . On a Mac it is a matter of proper INTERNATIONAL keyboard settings and downloaded language fonts.

The first sample is from a Win XP machine and the second is from an iMac. Even the built in text effects work!

Sample done with no knowledge of the Japanese language... so IF there is anything improper posted I do apologize in advance.

For proper regional and languages settings for both platforms.
    http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/ForeignLangSupport/keyboard-setup.html

If you tried before without success after setting the proper keyboard settings , fonts in the desired language installed try the trial version/DEMO out again.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/demo.php
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    It would be nice to hear IF non-English keyboard users with proper settings also work with TLC and other LB software. With TLC and other associated LB software fonts must be installed into the first level font folder to work.
  3. tdm900

Message Count:
    when i am setting the keyboard to write "greek" fonts in the text box ,this typing "Vrinda" fonts . How can i set the fonts correct. I have made all the possible settings but i don't accomplish anything!!
    all the other programs in my pc , switch correct from greek typing to english typing or the opposite.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Are you using a non-English keyboard?

When I was experimenting only the only fonts that worked in Japanese were the ones downloaded after IME settings were changed . As far as other programs being capable of using foreign language characters that is probably because the ability is built into the application itself and probably due to the using a different "engine" than TLC. The "engine" which Laughingbird Software is built on is not known to be foreign language friendly.

By following these instructions for XP (which is my OS) and adding Greek language fonts to my system font folder I believe I am getting my text in Greek using my English keyboard.This will only work with "system fonts" and not with the embedded fonts.
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    NICE work here KD.
    I'll review closer...
  6. salonads

Message Count:
    Ad Creator with Flash 9.0???

Hello KD,

Thanks for the suggestion in different languages. Anyhow, how do you get flash 9.0? since the version of ad creator is only 7.0. It's not compatible to what I have now with my system. Can you help?

Thanks,

Danny:image24:
  7. KD-did

Message Count:
  8. xuandma Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Foreign language TLC with proper regional and languag settings on an English keyb

so IF there is anything improper posted I do apologize in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]