Fonts turning transparent when exported

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by mike m, Dec 29, 2005.

1. mike m

Message Count:
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me why my black fonts often turn transparent (with black outline) when exported and how to stop it happening?

2. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    What format are you exporting them in? Also, can you give an step by step example of the procedures you used so we can see if we can duplicate the issue?

3. PCat

Message Count:
    What was the answer to this post? I'm having the same problem. I exported in both jpg and gif. The jpg doest he transparency thing (only with the black text) and the gif just shows the red X.

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    PCat, what version are you... Mac or PC V???
    There was a version that had gif export problems for some computers and update fixed that..V3.6.1.

5. mike m

Message Count:
    Procedure

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay - unavoidably detained and all that.

Am using v4, used to happen with v3 too - has been a running problem.

There is no real procedure to speak of - I design the logo in tlc, it looks fine, I then export it to gif (sure it happens in JPEG as well) and the fonts go hollow - black outline with empty body. Have tried different resolutions - makes no difference.

Will try it in JPEG as well to make sure it does the same - but from memory it does.

Thanks

Mike

6. KD-did

Message Count:
    That is strange...is there a particular program or viewer that you are seeing these results in? Could you attach a screenshot sample here?

7. PCat

Message Count:
    I am on a PC and I am using version 4.1. The applications I'm importing the GIF and JPEG into is XSitePro and Dreamweaver. I found at one time that using a lighter color of black helped but this time it had no effect. I have asked XSitePro about this and they said "XSite Pro doesn't make any changes to the images you use and there is no restriction on what package was used to create it."

8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Check the CYMK setting...change it to the opposite of how it is set now...I think that is where the problem is. Please post back.

9. PCat

Message Count:
    Thanks KD - that did it with the JPEG but the GIF still has a problem.

10. KD-did

Message Count:
    Hopefully after a cold reboot everything will settle out!

11. KD-did

Message Count:
    After experimenting I think I have a work around...place a black shadow directly behind the text or element and cut the blur back to zero...the black background doesn't disappear from the dozen tests that I have done.