Font selections limited

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by migration, Dec 2, 2004.

1. migration

Message Count:
    Hi - good to be onboard a well used software forum. I'm a first time user of LC and experimenting to learn if its an easier way (less mind numbing than Illustrator or PSP) to create logos and page headers for clients and myself.

Just installed v. 3.6 with the Corporate 2 template bundle and can't get font selection to recognize all fonts on my PC. The first five fonts appear on the list but I can't scroll down. A Director Player error msg pops up - "Unable to open file C:\......\font_preview.dxr because it is already open..."

Anyone else having this problem? Do I have a bad install?

Thanks for your feedback.
  2. jamirae

Message Count:
    migration,

have you gotten this resolved? I belive this is a known issue, are you using the latest version 3.6.1? and what Operating system are you on? win or mac?
  3. jamirae

Message Count:
    I checked and the issue I saw was something to do with Director Player and a differnt error message.

But here are a few things to try.
    Upgrade to the ver 3.6.1 if you are not there already:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/upgrade.html

If you still get the error maybe it has something to do with the version of Director Player you have.. check here for the latest:
    http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/...d/download.cgi?

If neither of those work, and no one else (like Marc or Katie!) have come to the rescue in this thread, then we'll try something else. :)
  4. migration

Message Count:
    Font problem still there

Jami,

TLC is installed on my on a fast eMachines desktop PC running XP Home SP2 . I have TLC361. The font selector window will not scroll so I can't select 95% of the fonts on my system. If this is a known problem is there a release planned to fix it? I am pretty eager to use TLC but obviously won't/can't until this is fixed.

Thanks
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    The issue seems to be limited to those with a cordless mouse. Try F9 and then scrolling down or F9 and then a letter to gain more font options.
  6. migration

Message Count:
    Font problem SOLVED

Katie,

I clicked F9 and was able to scroll normally. And, yes, I do have a cordless mouse/keyboard.

Many thanks.