First Logo attempt

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by KidPastor, Feb 18, 2004.

1. KidPastor

Message Count:
    Here is the first try at logo for a new Wednesday program for 4th-6th graders at our church. Since we are in mid-Feb., I didn't have much time but this program made it easy. I've dabbled with some other graphics programs, but this one is by FAR the easiest way to quckly produce something useful. This program rocks!
  2. Varacolaci

Message Count:
    it cool, a litle bit easy but still cool
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    I think it will really get the attention of the intended target..."for 4th-6th graders at our church" Simple yet bold...
  4. jamirae

Message Count:
    yep.. I think it's a great design for that age group!

the colors are bright and stand out easy.. and the text is a "fun" looking font.

good job!
  5. KidPastor

Message Count:
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the comments. My intent was to keep it very simple and brightly colored - it's nice to know that came across. :)
    KidPastor
  6. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Hey KidPastor

very good! esp for children.

(and the mystery unfolds more..................

I worked at a church as a Children's & Youth Pastor for 5 yrs So If you ever need any help let me know I may have some designs etc. that I can pass on to ya )

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com
  7. KidPastor

Message Count:
    Hey Erik,

Thanks for the kind words. That's cool you were doing work with children and youth! It's always good to hear from others in ministry positions. And, since I'm not wanting to reinvent the wheel for everything I do, I would be interested in anything you would care to pass along!!! You can either drop me an e-mail or PM and we can go from there.

KidPastor
  8. MammaJamma

Message Count:
    Red on blue is a BAD, BAD combo. It vibrates. Then when you add the yellow into the mix it's like adding gasoline to an already exploding fire. The font is a bad choice as well unless, of course, you are, in fact, mad... LOL
  9. Varacolaci

Message Count:
    I'll surely laught on MammaJamma's back... come' on show us your great and very studied work. I mean 5 post and seems you're trying to find a mistake... bur be carefull, remember that what you think, is only that... "WHAT YOU THINK" no the reallity or the last word.

don't take it personal, it's just that on 5 posts you wasn't able to find something good at all. Please find a girl or a job.
  10. jamirae

Message Count:
    MammaJamma, other than providing critical and often times down right mean reviews of other's work, what is it that you do? Perhaps instead of pointing out what you feel is so bad about all these logos, you could offer some suggestions for improvement?

I for one still think that for the intended audience, this is a good design. It uses primary colors (in case you dont know what those are.. Red, Blue, Yellow) which is used in many kids toys and designs. It's bright and cheerful, as kid stuff should be.
  11. KidPastor

Message Count:
    Hey Jamirae,

Thanks for the comments....at least you "get it". :)

That was exactly my intent.

I don't really care what MJ thinks nor am I interested in his comments for the exact reasons you mentioned. Trashing something without offering anything to back up your comments can be done by anyone and doesn't take any intellect at all. It's obvious MJ didn't take the time to read my initial comments about my experience or my intended audience which were:

1. I'm not a professional designer- nor do I play one on TV.
    2. This is for a Children's program.

I have been checking out things on this board for a while and there ARE those who comments I would welcome - good or bad. At least they have taken the time to share their knowledge of design and posted examples of their work... they didn't just wander in here and "tell" everyone how good they were

'Nuff said. As has been posted in another thread, it's best to just let these inflammatory comments die without further comment or wait for them to be deleted.

Kidpastor

P.S. - I do know that red and blue "vibrate" and it was done intentionally to give the impression of movement...kind of like a swirling, frenetic, moving mass... giving the impression of (dare I say...) "Madness" :D
  12. Hexastar

Message Count:
    Mama Jama why don't you show us some of your work? I haven't seen one design from you? All this talk you've been doing!