1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Firefox Not Loading Images in Flipbook

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by tjwalker, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tjwalker

Message Count:
    Glad these forums are here because I've found dozens of bugs in the latest version of WGC. Anyway, I did a search and found a similar post to this - but no solution.

Early Readers Preview

Loads fine in IE 7.0
    Loads in Firefox BUT without any of the images (Firefox 1.5.0.11)

Solution anyone?
  2. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    I'm having the same problem. I even have a FireFox extension that allows you to switch to an IE view and my flip book works in that, but when i switch back to FireFox view the images aren't there. Funny thing is I can view them in FireFox when they're offline ok, but not online !?!?

Here's the link:http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk/temp/md/
  3. tjwalker

Message Count:
    Don't hold your breath

Hey,
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, as you can see, my original post was in April - with no response - not from the software author, not from anyone.
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    Hi tj, Sorry for letting your post slip through the cracks back in April. It happens sometimes. If your post goes like a week without any attention you are welcome to give it a bump back to the top of the forum by replying to your own message with the text "bump" to help grab someones attention who might have missed it.

I was unaware of this issue as I myself have never actually put the flip book on any of my websites before. I do not have an answer for you now other than assuming its an active x control causing the mayhem.. Most people on the internet today are using Firefox or IE so this is a good topic to find a solution to of course and thank you for bringing this to attention.

I will bring this issue to the admin and see what has to be done to rectify the problem. Ill either post back here and update you or an admin will post you some information.
  5. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    I have the same problem, the images don't load, but the pages do flip, although they are blank. They view fine with IE.

The really odd thing is that when I preview them on my computer, I preview them in FF as that's my default browser and they preview just fine and dandy.
  6. Wicked

Message Count:
    When you preview them in your browser you are looking at them locally from your machine. When you upload it to a website it becomes a part of server and is no longer a local view on your machine. Nothing on the document exist except for the flip book itself when you view it on your machine. So has anyone tried just adding it to a page with no other code on it? Also has anyone contacted Mozilla and asked why this could be happening?

I have not used the flip book yet but I am assuming it outputs as a .swf file. Then you use some flash embed code to add it to your website. If this is the case there is nothing that can be done I dont think within the software that will change its output in firefox. These are only my educated thoughts.
  7. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    I found the problem. The problem is the location of the images in the config.xml file. Here's my output:

The problem is it is using a backslash instead of a forward slash. A backslash is fine for a windows server/operating system, but not a linux type system, it needs to be a forward slash.

I imagine MS corrects this automatically as they are more lenient as to accepting sloppy html where firefox is more strict and won't display correctly with sloppy html.

Anyway, just change the '\' to a '/' and it should work fine in the config.xml file.
  8. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Very nice catch Chris! I've changed them and they now work, excellent!

:image28:
  9. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    :image07:
  10. Doc

Message Count:
    Well spotted Chris :image28:
  11. Chris

Message Count:
    Yes well done. Very good catch.
  12. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Let's make this one a sticky!!

And, we'll send this over to the tech crew for review.

Great find!
  13. Zipper

Message Count:
    I just checked out Nick's website...flip book works good...
  14. tjwalker

Message Count:
    Thank you everyone.

Hi Chris and all.

Nice! Guess that shows things don't work when you go backwards when you really need to go forward.

Works like a charm now......:image28:
  15. Wicked

Message Count:
    I am going to take credit for encouraging the research to happen... ok?? No?? Fine..lol.. Glad you hammered out this issue you had been having for a while.
  16. bizgraf

Message Count:
    Hi Chris,

I tried your solution and still no go... I just don't know what's wrong, I followed all the instructions and get NADA... not in FF nor in IE and can't even see the demo on the sales page for the software. Verra frustrating!

*sigh*
  17. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    If you can't see the demo on the sales page, then there's something on your computer that is either blocking it or you don't have the right components installed to view flash.

You may want to try disabling any firewalls AND spam filters you have and see if that helps.
  18. belak

Message Count:
    Firefox troubles

I´ve tried everything, even the backslash rewriting. But no changes. I´ve got no images in FlipBook.
    What to do?
  19. KD-did

Message Count:
    Perhaps your Firefox needs updating?
  20. Wicked

Message Count:
    What operating system are you using? I am not for sure but if you are using Win 95,98, or 2000 I can not vouch for those being compatible with much of a lot of newer things on the web today. If it is not working in either IE or Firefox an you do not run a substationally old system then I can not see it being the browser.

Perhaps you need to install a flash plugin or update your current one.
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/