Fault (Server.Error.Request) HTTP Error

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Valerie Lancaster, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Valerie Lancaster

Message Count:
    I have read through EVERY posting about this error, tried all suggestions and still no solution. It is a little frustrating that 1. The manual isn't out, yet there are little nuances to this software that have to be followed (it would seem) to get it to work. Is there NOT a simple answer to why a created logo...saved in the TLC logo folder (on the desktop or not..i've tried both), and saved without any . (period) in the name cannot be accessed again?
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Yes here's a simple answer: You are opening up the file in a incorrect manner. I also assume you have created some sort of folder on your desktop called "My logos" or something to that effect.
    (This works for windows, and while version 6.0 of TLC is open)

1. Select FILE then OPEN LOGO (or just use CTRL-O).

2. Select YOUR NAME,(NOT the desktop folder), your name will appear as the very first file folder below the very first DESKTOP icon.

3.Once you click on YOURNAME (or whatever name appears just below the desktop icon) NOW, AND ONLY NOW, CLICK ON THE DESKTOP FOLDER.

4. Simply navigate to the name of the logo you are looking for and select that folder. The folder will have the name of whatever you called the logo. You do not need to (and can't) select a file within that folder, just select the folder that has the same name of the logo you are looking for.

TLC stores "logos" in their own individual folders because there are a varied number of parts to each logo- depending on how complicated the logo is. When you click on a folder that has the name of the logo you actually are clicking on a file with a TLC file extension.

The TLC file tells the program what it has to open up: some text, 3 different characters, 2 swooshes, and a blue orb for example.
  3. Valerie Lancaster

Message Count:
    This sentence does not make sense: 3.Once you click on YOURNAME (or whatever name appears just below the desktop icon) NOW, AND ONLY NOW, CLICK ON THE DESKTOP FOLDER.

because when you have clicked the name of YOURFOLDER then clicked the DESKTOP FOLDER you have essentially unselected YOURFOLDER.

But regardless...of the steps written which I have followed...still receiving an error. Here is how I have followed the steps:

I went to OPEN LOGO. It defaults to MY TEMPLATE which is in my DESKTOP folder which is where my created logos are stored. I click on the MY TEMPLATE FOLDER and the that folder opens up and then I selected the logo folder in that MY TEMPLATE folder that I want to open. Under that logo folder is the .tlc folder. I have attempted unsuccessfully to attempt to either open just the parent folder or the .tlc folder and I am receiving the same error.

So what is the issue?
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Question: you are trying to open logos created in version 6.0, using version 6.0 of TLC?

I know the program seems a little qwirky, here are some pix which may help a bit. I find that steps 2 and 3 seem a little backward (as described in my previous post), but opening things in this matter has always worked for me. I like to create stuff and save it to my desktop, always. I always know where my
    desktop is. snip1.JPG snip2.JPG snip3.JPG
  5. Tom Grimshaw

Message Count:
    On previous occasions opening the program then choosing File\Open Logo then navigating to the folder then double clicking it has often not worked. Yesterday my latest logo did not open, today it does.

The method you describe above of opening the program by double clicking a folder or file does not result in the saved logo being loaded.
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Sorry it doesn't work for you, but it does for me... Many people forget steps 2 and 3...

2. Select YOUR NAME,(NOT the desktop folder), your name will appear as the very first file folder below the very first DESKTOP icon.

3.Once you click on YOURNAME (or whatever name appears just below the desktop icon) NOW, AND ONLY NOW, CLICK ON THE DESKTOP FOLDER.
  7. Andy Severs

Message Count:
    Mine is under TLC templates still get the message.
  8. serviceall

Message Count: