Exporting Quality Lost

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by WinnersRow, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    I have designed my first banner, when i export the design in .jpg format the quality is great but export in .gif format the quality is not so good.

I have attatched 2 images 1 jpg the other gif so you can see the diffrence in quality. Any ideas how to get no loss when exporting in the .gif format?

Thanks..

Attached Files:

2. Doc

Message Count:
    When you saved in gif format did you use the transparent gif option? try saving as a gif again but without the transparent option - you don't need the transparent gif format for a rectangular logo like yours.
  3. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    This one is just save in the gif format, the loss is the black outline it comes out white (around the hat)

Attached Files:

4. Doc

Message Count:
    There were a few white pixels round the hat in the first gif too (though not so many) thats why I thought your problem might be the transparency option. Do you need the output to be in gif - if not try png or use the jpg output.
  5. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    I need this 1 image to be in the .gif format.
  6. Doc

Message Count:
    Here are 2 gif files done from your jpg save, gif1 done with a graphics conversion program and gif2 was a gif save from the logo creator (using your jpg file as a source) I did not get the white pixel problem you encountered.

Attached Files:

7. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    Thank you very much.

The problem only happens when using the colour black...
  8. Doc

Message Count:
    I hope the gif files are ok for you.
  9. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    The files are great.

The problem happens when using the colour black, for some reason when exporting to .gif format it changes the colour to white.

Any ideas why it is doing this?
  10. Doc

Message Count:
    I have been experimenting in TLC and the only way I have been able to recreate the white dots problem was to save in transparent gif format - hence my original reply in this thread, so if you were saving in a non transparent gif mode the sorry but no idea why it is happening.
  11. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    I am not saving in "transparent gif"

I will install the software on my other computer and see if i get the same problem.
  12. Doc

Message Count:
    let us know if you get the problem on your other computer or if it is ok on there. By the way what version of TLC are you running?
  13. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    I think it's Version 5
  14. KD-did

Message Count:
    WinnersRow , the quirk you are seeing might disappear if you use a shadow placed where you are seeing the white or by choosing one of the other blacks for the background..
  15. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    *update*

I have also tried the software on my other PC and the results are still the same.

Can someone please try this?

Just creat a blank canvas and make the background "black" then export the logo in gif format.

For some reason the exported image comes out white, if i use a less shade of black the image comes out great it's just when i use black ???
  16. Doc

Message Count:
    Right I have created a logo with background set to black & added a couple of graphics & saved as as gif.....drum roll, lets see what it looks like.

Shock horror the black background seems to have dissapeared! (first pic is gif save the second a jpg)

Attached Files:

17. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    I thought it was just me having this problem....

Any ideas why this happens?
  18. Doc

Message Count:
    I can only think that although the save was as a normal gif it was treated as a transparent gif. I have an idea for a work around, I am going to set the background to something close to but not quite black and draw a black rectangle over this & add the graphics to see if it will leave the black rectangle in.
  19. WinnersRow

Message Count:
    That might work for the backgrounds... But what about all the art work that are already black like the first one i did? (black outline around the hat ect)
  20. Doc

Message Count:
    Right here we go again, ist pic is gif second jpeg to compare both should be identical. I can see from the preview that the black has been removed from the gif image again!

I think this is one for Marc (Laughingbird) to look at once he sobers up from his birthday celebrations.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.