Exporting a font

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Ohiosweetie, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    Is there a way to export a font from TLC to my computer, to use on my computer?

2. KD-did

Message Count:
  3. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    I have needed to do the same thing... I'm looking for the Devvy font. I have searched several font sites, doing a google search for devvy font, and can't find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    "Devvy" is a rename of a commercial font and Marc (laughingbird) probably would be able to give you information of its true name and where he purchased the license from.

There are many free fonts available that can be substituted in this case, however, won't be an exact match 100% ... the font may match for the most part but may vary only on some letters (usually a,d,e,m,n, and y) or not have upper and lower case. Look for matches on those letters.

I love The Font Thing to locate look alikes and look at the fonts characters that are already installed in my PC's system font folder . The advantage is because you can look through several at a time it is a real time saver. Looking at approx. 20 fonts at one time is a lot quicker than looking just a couple at a time .
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html
    It is FREE and works with XP but I don't know about Vista.

5. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    Thanks KD-did. I appreciate your help so much!