export tlc file to screen saver is blurry

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by bigpoketz, Nov 21, 2004.

1. bigpoketz

Message Count:
    i am a mac user osx 10.2.8 and when i first used the program i was able to export pictures to my desktop picture file and place work i did ,as a wallpaper(screen saver) with perfect resolution. When i upgraded to 3.6
    any work i place in my desktop pix file every export no matter what form i use, whether it jpeg hi res or low res, it comes out much larger,or very poor resolution,usually coming out very blurry. I even export as a png, then import back into TLC,then resize the image to like 100x100, and then export, and the resolution is still,poor,and the pic comes out to big for the screen,any other suggestions would be much appreciated.p.s. i am a mac user!!
  2. jamirae

Message Count:
    I'd love to help you but I'm not a Mac user and I am not sure I even understand what you are trying to do. Maybe it would help if you re-read what you wrote and try to make it a little more clear as to what it is you did in the past that worked. :)

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a Mac user to give some advice.
  3. JonScott

Message Count:
    A little help (I hope)

What is a little confusing in your question is your use of the phrase "wallpaper(screen saver)." Do you mean you want to use the image as the background picture on your Finder/desktop? Or do you want to use it as a Slide Show screen saver module you put together yourself vs. one of the ones included with the computer?
    According to my copy of "Mac OSX:The Missing Manual" (for verson 10.1--I also am using 10.2.8), when preparing images for either use, it is best to use images the size of your monitor setting(i.e., 800x600) for this purpose. As stated in the tip on page 184(desktop pictures) and the tip on page 190(screen savers), small images having to be scaled up can be severely distorted, even "beyond recognition" (tip, p. 190).
    I hope this is helpful.
    Jon
    :)