expansion packs...how do you...?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by OldenGray, Nov 27, 2007.

1. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Does anyone know how to move expansion packs, like the corporate logo selections, from Version 4 to Version 5.1? I tried moving them manually, but V5 did not recognize them. Maybe there is some way to do this and if anyone knows how, please let me know.Thanks from Olden. :image10-1:

Olden Gray
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    All you have to move/copy the expansion pack is first get into previous editions logo elements file expansion pac "select all" from the previous edition>> Go to my computer>>>Local disk.>>>>program files >>> TLC 5>>>>then open "logo elements" make a folder to make them easier to find or sort them into the existing folders then do the act actual copy to or move to that folder.
  3. OldenGray

Message Count:
    :SayingHi:KD-Did.... that worked like a charm. I was able to load all the expansion packs from V4 to V5 without a bit of difficulty. I was really sweating it! I thought I would mess up the whole program. I was switching between V4 and V5 to get my work done. Thanks again. GOOD ADVICE.

Olden Gray
  4. dkgodfrey

Message Count:
    Expansion packs

Where does one get the expansion packs I've read about in other posts?
  5. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    Go to http://www.thelogocreator.com/

Below the Site Map in the righthand column, you'll see a listing below "The logo design sets" of the different flavors of TLC. The mega pack is the best deal and the one I originally went for when I purchased it.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    There was an expansion pack for TLC that was released by Summitsoft that is no longer available.
  7. mamajama

Message Count:
    can you move the files for 4 and 5.1 to the web graphics creator?
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    You can move the elements from V4 and V5.1 into WGC program files much in the same way but you will want to make sure to move/copy them into the "ART CENTER's" logo element files. It isn't necessary to move the total content because some items are common to both TLC and WGC.
  9. mamajama

Message Count:
    Thanks!
    I gave it a try, yesterday, and had a regular private party in the import world...:image10-2:
    You totally rawk, Katie!
  10. simple

Message Count:
    yup a great little trick .... i have all mine installed in one application the webgraphics creator it saves room but i do still have the coperate identitiy / flashad creator installed seperatly :D