End of ver 6.0 Beta testing

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by gcuneo2, Mar 19, 2012.

1. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I was sittin' down with my morning coffee and thought, "hmmmmm, the latest 6.0 Beta release ends tomorrow, I wonder what's next?"

So I thought of the following questions:

1. Is there any reason to completely remove any remnants of of the Beta installations? There really wasn't an "Install package" so there isn't anything to "automatically" uninstall. Of course there are "3rd party" applications that can uninstall things- but typically only if they had an install package, which the Beta's did not.

2. I sure hope there is an install package when ver 6.0 is released!

3. The "update template sets" in the web help menu still is not working. I click I assume it's because older template sets have not been converted over to the 6.0 format. I click thru everything until I get to the part about "click ok to down these sets" and nothing happens.

4. Is there anyway you might "tell" us the estimated costs, "wink wink" of the 6.0 version of the template sets?

5. Still aiming for the April 1st release date?
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi gC!

yes, the beta (3) will expire tomorrow (the 20th).
    I may let out one last beta if everybody is using this for 'real' work.

The cost of ANY upgrades will be free free free.
    If you have a previous (v5) logo set, you'll get a brand new version 6 set.

I'll also be releasing NEW (version 6.0 compatible only) template sets.
    One of which will be a new Facebook Timeline set and a "People Pak" with images of people, silhouettes and the like! These will be priced around the same as before. $24.95 - $29.95 like that.

Anybody on the Beta list will get a half off coupon.

Those who have really helped with lots and lots of comments will get a private message from me *:)

I'll update everybody tomorrow via the list!

Marc
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Man oh man- I feel like some junkie... starting to salivate.... gotta get my fix in... please electronic valium of final release, course through my veins...

"Propose to an Englishman any principle, or any instrument, however admirable, and you will observe that the whole effort of the English mind is directed to find a difficulty, a defect, or an impossibility in it. If you speak to him of a machine for peeling a potato, he will pronounce it impossible: if you peel a potato with it before his eyes, he will declare it useless, because it will not slice a pineapple. "
    - Charles Babbage