ebook cover

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by GCFL, Jun 6, 2009.

1. GCFL

Message Count:
    I need an objective eye. I have been playing with the ebook portion the the web graphics creator but until someone can tell me the image size requirements for each model (which many people have asked for but no one can answer) I am afraid I will have to use photoshop for this task. stretching or shrinking the images/model just does not work. Having said that, here are two models. One photoshop, the other ebook creator. I would like some feed back on quality. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. GCFL

Message Count:
    12 views and no feed back. Come on guys, the strength of any forum is the participation of its members...particularly in an area made for feed back! :)
  3. awalck

Message Count:
    Hi GCFL, sorry no one's given you any feedback. I really like both of them, especially Victory. Great use of color and balance. It did take me a little to read the word Victory - I guess because of the outline possibly. But it really looks impressive. I like the swim one as well. Good choice on the location of the title - I liked the layout. The only thing that threw me off was seeing part of the arm twice, I was trying to imagine the book 'closed' to see how that would look. Of course, this is just my opinion. Really nice work though. As far as "image size requirements"? - I haven't looked at that for awhile nor used my ebook recently (just tied up on projects). Let me see what I can research for you.
    Thanks,
  4. GCFL

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feed back. The swimming book needs a different back cover than the front so that arm does not stick out from the back. :) Thanks for pointing that out. I am playing around with the logo creator now and will do some stuff with the business card creator as well. Really trying it all out to see what works best in my work flow. So far, at least with ebook covers, I am finding that I like the web graphics creator to compile the covers and then simply paste to an ebook cover model I have in photoshop. The boxes and magazine models in the ebook creator are really nice though and add a new perspective I have not seen anywhere else.