Does New Version Update All Graphics Packages

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by dkgodfrey, May 2, 2012.

1. dkgodfrey

Message Count:
    Hello,

I have many of the Logo Creator packages....i.e. Web, Mascot, Corporate, Spiritual...will the update to 6.0 update all of these packages?

THANKS!
    Keith
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    All packages will be updated with V6...if installed individually the update must be installed to each individual package otherwise it update all editions at one time.
  3. dkgodfrey

Message Count:
    How would I install the packages as a group? I assume they are installed individually as I purchased each one at a different time.
  4. Carlosm

Message Count:
    Updating Mega Pack Edition is incomplete.
    Mega Pack Edition v.5.2 includes:
    Alphabet Edition, Business Mascot Edition, Corporate Edition,Entertainment Pack,Real Estate Edition,Spiritual Edition,Sports Edition,Travel and Leisure,Web 2.0 Edition.

And update v.6.0 only Logo templates and and very few Image elements.

Please update mega edition pack, so it is complete.
    Thanks
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    When installed each edition should have asked if you had other editions if TLC...depending on your choice it would be either multiple editions which had to be called up individually or just (with all purchased editions)in which case they would only need the one update.

Carlosm I have not seen a complete update and the beta was only a partial ..can you share where you got a complete update?
  6. Carlosm

Message Count:
    Well, then expect a full update
  7. Doug Smith

Message Count:
    I installed the Mega Pack (so presumably all at the same time), when I upgraded to v6 it said it found a previous version. I saw no errors being generated, but I don't see any of the previous templates/files available to me in v6.
  8. JerryGuinn

Message Count:
    Had Ver 5 which was installed in the folder "The Logo Creator V5." D/L Ver 6 today and ran the .EXE. It installed into a new folder, "The Logo Creator V6." Just comparing the contents of each folder (and subfolder), it would appear that many of the resources I had in Version 5 are not available when launching Version 6. Is this right or am I just grossly mistaken? If possible, how can I combine my resources. BTW, Version 5 installed its resources in the c:\Program Files... area; but Version 6 installed its resources in the My Documents\Laughingbird Documents folder.

Not to complain -- you have a great product and I hope to have what appears to be a "minor glitch" ironed out.
  9. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    In reading all of the posts I have yet to find a single one that indicates ANY of the logo templates (or element libraries) were "updated" and made usable in version 6.0, with the exception of a manual copy and paste I did.

I manually copied all of my old LOGO ELEMENT LIBRARIES, NOT THE TEMPLATES into version 6.0, and they all work fine. The older stuff isn't as classy as what's included in version 6.0, but to me it's like having an old dog at your feet-- it just feels right.
  10. Keymaster

Message Count:
    I did the same as gcuneo2 as in copying all the LOGO ELEMENT LIBRARIES to the new folder in version 6 that it created and they are not showing up I see the folders and are able to select them on the select templates but they are empty. any help would be appreciated
  11. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    My cut n pasted method only works with the logo elements (Circles, swooshes, and the cartoon elements for example). Many of the same named elements are in fact in version 6.0, but graphically appear to be completely new graphics. Many of the swooshes, from my perspective, appear to be exactly the same, when comparing those from version 5 with those in version six.

Here is something I just thought of: Do you have the viewing of "hidden" files enabled on your computer? It might make a difference. Assuming you have win7 here is how to do that:

Here's how to display hidden files and folders.
    1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button [​IMG], clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
    2. Click the View tab.
    3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
  12. Keymaster

Message Count:
    yes I have hidden files viewable on my win 7 I know what I did wrong you actually have to put the templates in the logo templates directory instead of the libraries dir but alot of the templates wont work this is what happens when I go to open them.
    [​IMG]
  13. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    HA! I do that all the time and get the same blank templates shown in your clip. I figured it was worth a try. ALL my old logo elements work just fine in 6.0 doing my silly cut n paste method.
  14. Carlosm

Message Count:
    copying all the LOGO ELEMENT LIBRARIES works, there is any option for templates?
  15. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Right now, no. The formatting with the software running ver 6.0 doesn't "understand" the formatting of the Templates of earlier versions, yet. Now I don't work for Laughingbird, I'm just some goof dinkin' around, but I believe my answer is 100% accurate.
  16. Carlosm

Message Count:
    thanks for the reply qcuneo2 hopefully Laughingbird updates