Cursor to move element

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by scooter, May 13, 2012.

1. scooter

Message Count:
    In earlier versions I was able to move an element with the arrow cursor buttons on keyboards. This was useful to line some things up that I can't do with a steady hand.

I cannot do this on v6! :mad:
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Actually you can! I did the following and became pretty proficient at it in about 10 minutes. The method uses the numeric keypad are the right hand side of your keyboard.

HERE ARE THE LINKS:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000542.htm

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Use-Mouse-Keys-to-move-the-mouse-pointer

If you find it difficult to move the mouse or wish to have an alternative way to the mouse using the arrow keys on the numeric keypad follow the below steps.
    Microsoft Windows users can enable the accessibility feature to move the mouse using their arrow keys by following the below steps.
    1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
    2. Within the Control Panel open Accessibility Options or Ease of Access
    3. Click the Mouse tab.
    4. Check the "Use Mouse Keys".
    5. If you wish to increase the speed or change any other settings, click on the Settings button.
    6. Click Apply and then close out of the box.

7. 1. To select an item in TLC press the #5 on the keypad
    8. 2. To move something around in TLC on a "canvas" first select it by pressing #5 then select the number 0 (which is like a left mouse click).

After you choose a button, you can click items on your screen.
      ToDo this
      Click an item
      With the left button selected as your active button, point to the item, and then press 5
      Right-click an item
      With the right button selected as your active button, point to the item, and then press 5
      Double-click an item
      With the left button selected as your active button, point to the item, and press the plus sign (+)
      Dragging items using Mouse Keys

You can use the numeric keypad to press and hold the active mouse button and to release it. This is helpful if you want to drag an item.
      ToDo this
      Drag an item
      Point to the item, and then press zero (0)
      Drop the item
      Point to the location where you want to move the item, and then press the decimal point (.)
      Notes
      • You can also turn on Mouse Keys by pressing Left Alt+Left Shift+Num Lock.
      • To change options like how quickly the mouse pointer moves and whether your computer makes a sound when you turn on Mouse Keys, in the Ease of Access Center, under Control the mouse with the keyboard, click Set up Mouse Keys.
    After performing the above steps you will be able to used the numeric keypad as a mouse moving up, down, left, right, and all the diagonals. In addition, you may also use the center "5" key as a left click.
    Note: You must have the Number lock on for this feature to work by default. This can be changed through the settings.
    Chris likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Please ignore the blank #7, there is nothing missing...
  4. scooter

Message Count:
    Thanks for the tip, but I don't understand why the program doesn't just do it like v5.2?
  5. Chris

Message Count:
    Scooter I hope to have the app installed tomorrow sometime as long as everything goes as planned tomorrow for me. I will take a look at this first chance I get as long as nobody figures out another way by then.

Nice tip gcuneo2. I have had to use that before and is always a good fall back plan.
  6. scooter

Message Count:
    Thanks. I really want v6 to be a success but we have to get these bugs worked out.