Critique of logo for IT Company

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by dmitch31, Mar 16, 2004.

1. dmitch31

Message Count:
    Let me know what you think. Thanks!

2. dmitch31

Message Count:
    Another version...

I think I like this one a bit better...

3. dmitch31

Message Count:
    or this?

another try...

4. dmitch31

Message Count:
    different concept

I know these are honkin big, but I'm a beginner. I'm interested in your critique of the concept. This one is very simple and straightforward and even cliche, but I think it's a nice conservative and sophisticated look. What do you think?

Thanks.

5. Hexastar

Message Count:
    Hi There,

Nice work! I like the last one best. If you don't want your image to be that big, save the file as a high res quarter size.

6. jamirae

Message Count:
    not bad. I'm not crazy about the font for the company name as it is difficult to read. It works okay for the tag line, though.

I think I'd like one of the first three if the colors were a little different... have you tried different colors?

keep up the good work!

7. dmitch31

Message Count:
    I haven't tried different colors on the first ones. I'd be open to suggestions though. I don't even know where to start with new colors.

Regarding the font, I'll experiment with some others...

A friend of mine gave the following critique...

Good points to ponder I suppose. Maybe I could take the swoosh off if I wanted to be a little less sci-fi. The name of the company "Advantage Automation" definitely has a philosophy behind it... one that will be described in the company's marketing brochure. I'd go for some graphics that would identify with the philosophy a little more, but how much philosophy can you communicate in a graphic when you are wanting to keep the logo relatively simple and uncomplicated?

Thanks.

8. GraphiXcode

Message Count:
    I like them both.. but I like the second one the best. I would keep the swoosh on it... the only thing I would do is maybe put a deeper blue in it. GREAT JOB!

GraphiXcode....
    Jenn

9. dmitch31

Message Count:
    deeper blue

You mean a deeper blue in the swoosh?

10. canman23

Message Count:
    I like the one Mitch did.. looks good. Dont really like the first ones.,

11. dmitch31

Message Count:
    too cartoon-ey?

Does anyone think this is too cartooney? This is for a company that wants to market itself to corporate and mid to large size businesses.

The logo would be used for business cards, letterhead, sales brochure, and of course, website.

The swoosh around the sphere does make it look kind of 'Saturn-ey'. I think the sci-fi image is great for a technology company, I'm just wondering if this gives the level of sophistication I'm looking for.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    dmitch

12. GraphiXcode

Message Count:
    The color that I had suggested changing was the color of the acutaly "globe" I would make that a little bit darker. It has a hint of pink in it and I don't think that would go right for the "IT" image . Don't get me wrong. I think it looks really good.... just giving you my thoughts.

13. dmitch31

Message Count:
    another try with some tweaks...

Here's one that's a bit of a different version of the same thing. I've darkened the orb a bit. There's still a slight pinkish tint in there, but when I made it darker it clouded out the lettering too much.

I like the way the 'I' in Information and the 'T' in Technology sort of contour the sphere...

Also, I'm in the process of digging through some additional fonts to try for the company name, but haven't found one that suits me yet...

So what do you think of this new version?

dmitch

14. KidPastor

Message Count:
    I agree that the font is just a bit hard to read. I can see it but it makes me work to figure it out.

I would vote to keep the swoosh!

You might also want to check the left alignment on the company name on your last sample. The right side is even and the left is off just a bit. The first versions don't seem to be that way...maybe just the way it exported.

Otherwise, I think you're getting very close to something good!!!

Kidpastor

15. richard_5001

Message Count:
    Not really an improvement, but a different idea...

This is different take on it. (Bonus? It even looks Earth friendly with these colors). However, I like the orb & swoosh that you did very much. Nice & simple, yet effective.

Attached Files:

16. Ananova

Message Count:
    :cool:

The last one gets my vote, but without the 000's and 111's in the image, I feel that they distract from the wording and message overall... Just my humble 2 bits worth ;)