creating a glass element

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by TyHaegs, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyHaegs

Message Count:
    What would be the easiest way to replicate the "glass" effect. I am wanting to make a car in glass form.

Thanks in advance.
  2. GCFL

Message Count:
    There are all kinds of ways depending on the software you are using. For simple shapes in the Web Graphics Creator, apply any one of the glass effects over your shapes. If you have a complex image, which it sounds like it may be...My suggestion would be to create it in Photoshop, Xara or some other drawing app. if available. Perhaps some of the more seasoned members here know another way.
  3. TyHaegs

Message Count:
    yeah it sounds as though I may need some serious help in creating what I am looking for. I would like it to be a profile view of a outlined sports car (so minimal detail), if that makes sense.

This image below is similar to what I need but in glass form and rounder wheels of course.

[​IMG]
  4. 3DS

Message Count:
    Here's a little something I drew by hand real quick in photoshop, gave it some tubular glass efx. Not sure if this is what you had in mind. I know it needs to be refined a bit.

Attached Files:

5. GCFL

Message Count:
    Heres a try

Attached Files:

6. 3DS

Message Count:
    a little different design...

Attached Files:

7. 3DS

Message Count:
    ok, so these are moving away from the glass look, but just goofing around w/ same design but different 3d efx, shadows & lighting...

Attached Files:

8. TyHaegs

Message Count:
    see how did you get that effect? if i could incorporate that with my original I would be business. Thanks for the ideas guys! :image28:
  9. Wicked

Message Count:
    Very cool 3DS
  10. GCFL

Message Count:
    If you can give me to the weekend, i will super impose your original over my glass image and we'll see what we get/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.