Connverting SWF To Animated Gif

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by lorem, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lorem

Message Count:
    Hi, I have tried several SWF-To-Gif converters and I cannot for the life of me convert any SWF made in Flash Ad Creator to animated Gif. It's very frustrating because I want to insert these great animations in my emails as sigs and don't want the bother of uploading them to stream them. Can someone please recommend a sure way of converting Laughing Bird SWFs to animated Gif please.
    Many thanks.

2. KD-did

Message Count:
  3. lorem

Message Count:
    Thans for trying, but MagicSWF2Gif doesn't manage to convert it either.

This has been asked before here and it's time the Boss man of Laughing Bird told us why this is so hard to do. I have a feeling that the Laughing Bird SWFs are not frame-based movies, they are sprites (whatever that is.. and a little knowledge can be dangerous of course). For what it's worth the Kool Moves SWFs are the same. Maybe the only programs that can do this is a Flash program like Swish or Adobe Flash itself (??).

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Here is what I did to convert FAC's SWF to animated gif. Perhaps you will be able to use the knowledge and programs you already have on board to accomplish the same thing.
    1) Opened the FAC SWF with Irfanview
    2) Launched my favorite screen capture program CAPTURE WIZ PRO.
    3) Captured as video and saved as an AVI.
    4) Opened the saved AVI file with ANIMATION SHOP 3 (You may change or delete background if necessary.)
    5) Saved as a GIF