Color Seperations

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by netmultitude, Jun 26, 2003.

1. netmultitude

Message Count:
    Everytime I create a logo in Logo Creator and send it to my printer to print business cards, letterhead or what not the printer tells me that the logo looks great, but they need to have the colors seperated. Can a feature be added to Logo Creator that would allow for the saving of the file so that color seperations could be done?
  2. bluejade

Message Count:
    Hi NetMultitude,

We'll look into this. I just placed a call to start determining what will be required for the output (color can be a complex issue).

-dn
  3. bluejade

Message Count:
    Hi NetMultitude,

I've spoken with Davies Printing, a highly regarded, local print shop (the owner of which I know personally) about our options. As anticipated, color conversion from on-screen generated images to print images is a highly complex issue. (Pantone colors were developed to address this issue.)

Some modern print shops have machines that will convert process images into CYMK (print colors). There may be a local print shop in your area that has such a machine.

Alternatively, Davies Printing does have such a machine and deals often with clients remotely. They can accept TIFF, JPEG (make certain to export highest quality if you use this option), and many other options. If you would like to use their services, please visit their webpage:
    http://www.daviesprinting.com

Kind Regards,

dn