Client logo symbol review request

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by sphere_nine, Mar 8, 2009.

1. sphere_nine

Message Count:
    Hi All,

I'm working on a logo for a client who's initials are 'SL', and she wanted something with a heart shape in it. Here's what I've got so far:

[​IMG]

I don't have a lot of experience with Illustrator yet, and I created this by selecting a font I thought would work, creating outlines, and then tweaking the shapes of the letters. Ideally, I'd like the 'L' to look more like an 'L', so I'm going to need to do some more editing. Here's my primary question: Will it be easier to continue and tweak these letters as outlines, or would I be better off creating the shapes from scratch with the pen tool, or something similar?

Any other input or suggestions welcomed, and thanks in advance. :)

Sam

2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Think about keeping what you have and using elements and turning them white to cover up parts of the proposed "L" to better manipulate what you are going for. You can do the same thing using swooshes or any relevant element and turn them red to get the "L" effect you are after too.

3. sphere_nine

Message Count:
    That's a really great suggestion - thanks! Do you envision the same changes to the "S", or are you thinking I should just amend the "L" to make it look more like it should?

Thanks again,
    Sam

4. Wicked

Message Count:
    I like the "S". You can always try different variations with it such as adding glare, shine, etc. Remember though it is not what I think. Its your clients thoughts you need to collect on what they are looking for.

5. mannyp

Message Count:
    just a thought but perhaps a cursive writing idea where it spells S then an abstract heart then L all in cursive

Good Luck

Manny