click on color.. no more

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by chuck9997, Nov 5, 2005.

1. chuck9997

Message Count:
    I remember.. not long ago.. While craeting a headline..or logo,..etc.. I would import a photo.. and (for example).. lets say a man in the photo was wearing a weird green necktie. I was able to add new text.. and color the text the exact same weird green color.. by clicking on the necktie.

Since downloading the latest TLC upgrade.. this "click on the color in a picture" feature doesn't seem to work. Anyone know why?
  2. theghoul

Message Count:
    colour tied up

What version are you using?
  3. chuck9997

Message Count:
    I am using v4.
  4. theghoul

Message Count:
    colour tied up

Just trying it myself since upgrading too... back in a in
  5. theghoul

Message Count:
    Very odd same fault tried both changing uding modify & direct change background colour from main selection box...
  6. theghoul

Message Count:
    Changing the logo elements colours won't work either even with the gradient option!?!
  7. theghoul

Message Count:
    Hmmm! will have to look deeper into this prob myself too. Will post anything I come up with unless someone beats me to it.
  8. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hmmm.
    Interesting.

We're in the process of updating The Logo Creator!
    A big update in fact.

I'll make sure this is looked at.
    Thanks for posting this. I too have found the same issue!

- Marc
  9. chuck9997

Message Count:
    Is it possible for individual users to go back to an older version.. where the color feature works correctly? I used the color matching a bunch.
  10. Chris

Message Count:
    chuck9997 instead of going back to an older version try using this free tool. It is called takecolor. You run it and then hold your mouse over the color on anything and it will give you the color code for it. I use it all the time and have found it to match perfect. Here is the download link for it if you want.

http://www.shareup.com/TakeColor-download-21180.html
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
  12. Chris

Message Count:
    Great minds think alike KD. You posted that tool along time ago and I have used it since.
  13. chuck9997

Message Count:

well the TAKE COLOR program sounds like a great idea.... but none of the download links work.. did they go out of business?

I wish they would just fix THE LOGO CREATOR. It worked great... before the last improvements.
  14. ayay

Message Count:
  15. JohnG

Message Count:
    I'm having this same problem - a fix coming soon?
  16. WGS

Message Count:
  17. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Takecolor - TakeColor picks the color value of any screen pixel and displays it in one of five formats: HTML, RGB, HEX, HSB/HSV, and HSL & HSL(Win). It features 3x and 9x zoom of any screen area, RGB color mixer, RGB and RYB color wheels display triads and complementary colors, picked color history, saving picked colors for future use, optional stay-on-top, variable hotkey to capture color info. No installation required.

The publisher's website seems to be down but you can download the program from Download.com:
    http://www.download.com/3000-2192_4-10387571.html?tag=sd.EXAF

hope this helps.
  18. Wiley

Message Count:
    Hi Guys, it's been awhile.....

Is there a fix in the pipeline for the eye dropper tool in TLC 4.1?. It still works in my version of 3.5 so it's not all bad :)

:thankyou:

Cheers
    Wiley:)

P.S.
    The Corporate Identity Creator looks cool....
  19. HiJacKingQueen

Message Count:
    Picking the Color

I've just bought the Value Pack edition and the color picker works for me...

are you trying to export it as a transparent gif? if not, then it won't appear.
  20. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Wiley.

Yes! The color picker has been fixed again for the new release!
    It's almost out! I'm creating the installers for all of the logo sets (17 installers! 8 Mac and 8 Windows ... and an updater installer! Whew!)

- Marc