CIC Printing Issue Resolved

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator (BCC)' started by richinri, May 5, 2007.

1. richinri

Message Count:
    I could never print envelopes on my inkjet with CIC because my printer prints it on the OTHER side of the paper that CIC prints on. Marc worked with me and couldn't get it to work either. We tried every setting possible.
    Has this or is this being resolved? I have essentially retired the program and wondered if it was ready for me to bring it back.:image09:
  2. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Are you still using the same inkjet printer?
  3. richinri

Message Count:
    yes

Yes, I still have the same printer. A Lexmark All in ONe home office printer [scanner, fax, copier, printer] I cannot print envelopes with CIC - it prints on the wrong side of the paper.
  4. mitchman

Message Count:
    This has been about a month... I was wondering if it was resolved? Was it too obvious to turn the paper around or over? as in load it differently? I am not sure what you meant by "wrong side."
  5. richinri

Message Count:
    Printing issue

As is common knowledge - envelopes must be fed in a certain way in most if not all printers. I cannot change sides on the hopper to feed envelopes. This kind of "choice" has to be in software.
  6. mitchman

Message Count:
    Again, I am not sure what you meant by "It prints on the wrong side of the paper" which in all fairness, "common knowledge" or not, could indicate the envelope needs to be rotated 180 degrees making the left or right side down change, or even it could be loaded upside down, thus printing on the wrong side (wasn't that what was said?). True, it usually has to be on the left or right side of the printer, but that was not in question.

Most printers have margin controls within their own print dialog boxes and usually the layout software is not the culprit, unless of course one sets a wider margin within the layout itself, which would be in addition to the printer margins.

Frankly, a full bleed envelope is rather unusual... I would suggest a redesign.
  7. richinri

Message Count:
    Continued...

Take an 8.5 by 11 paper and put 2 regular envelopes on the paper so they fit without hanging over the edges. That is how envelopes go into my printer and countless others.
    My printer will print the envelope that is on the RIGHT side of the paper, CIC prints the envelope on the LEFT side of the paper. Trouble is - I can not feed envelopes from the left side of my printer - only the RIGHT side.
    Marc had no solution to this when I discussed it with him and I tried every margin change from here to sunday.
    I didn't even know CIC was printing at all until I put in a whole sheet of paper.
  8. mitchman

Message Count:
    That was the clarification I was asking for. By the way it was stated, there was no way to tell what you meant by "wrong side." Wrong side of the envelope? Left side vs right? front vs back? None of those... you meant the "wrong side" of the printer feed.
    I understand the narrow side goes down and the tray has a sliding guide that snugs it up to the edge, and on mine it slides to the right, like yours. I am running a test to see if i have the same problem. I will post the results here. So far, the print menu in CIC looks odd...

I just bought CIC and have not had time to use it yet. I normally work in other programs and bought this because it was inexpensive and looked like a time saver for low ball projects... as opposed to higher end hourly jobs requiring more customization and other output formats or detailed personalization... you probably get the idea. The logo creator is pretty cool and easy, and great for ideas and roughs. So that's where I am with this.

I wasn't trying to be difficult or insulting, I just wanted to understand the problem and maybe address it.

I am on a Mac with an Epson printer. I'll let you know how it goes...

So far I have found one problem: the information input form will not allow any punctuation in things like the company name or tag line. Not good...
  9. mitchman

Message Count:
    Interesting "test..." CIC does not actually print.

In order to print an envelope, it either had to be saved as a .jpg and printed from another application (like Photoshop) or CIC turned it into a PDF and opened Acrobat to print it.

Acrobat didn't work because it made a PDF that was a whole page, not an envelope size at all.

The .jpg didn't really work well either. since the dimensions of the CIC envelope are 4.107x8.707 and not the US standard #10 envelope size of 4.15x9.5 inches.

As I already said, the information form will not allow punctuation, either.

It looks like the Mac version still has some issues to be resolved...
  10. richinri

Message Count:
    Exactly!

I bought CIC to do small envelope runs and I can't print envelopes at all. Frankly, I don't use the program at all. As far as I am concerned the Logo Creator is the gem on Laughing Bird.
  11. dark992

Message Count:
    I am trying to print my Letterhead. It's telling me that the margins, Lable size and number across and down values produce a page that is larger than the paper size. Could tell me the correct values that would allow for print? Thanks
  12. Michael Wood

Message Count:
    dark992 I am having the same problem did you get a response on how to fix it
  13. mitchman

Message Count:
    As far as I know, there is no fix. It simply does not work as advertised. :image27:

Unfortunately, this means I am loath to spend more on these products until what I have becomes usable. Too bad too, I was seriously considering the entire Logo Big bundle.

To be fair, the Logo Creator itself seems to work pretty well. It is just too bad the CIC doesn't. :image09:
  14. mitchman

Message Count:
    Printing issue is NOT resolved! This thread is miss-named, BTW. CIC (Mac anyway) does NOT print correctly. Period.
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    Speaking of printing issues...I just installed a couple of programs that set its own default printers....printers that don't really exist... they were named for the program that set the default and if their printer isn't installed you cannot "save as", "export"or "publish". Check to see that your printer is the default printer, if it isn't then set it as the default...then the programs that set their printers as default will work and everything should go back to normal.Do NOT remove the imaginary printers as the programs will not run correctly.
  16. Tim Inglis

Message Count:
    There are a few more threads on this subject. On the PC at least you need to change the size to 10.50 x 8 in the letterhead to get it to print.

Give that a try and let us know how you go.