Checklist for Beta Version of The Logo Creator

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Wicked, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Wicked

Message Count:
    You can type in your canvas size to everyone who is saying they would like that feature. At least its in my windows version. This happens by clicking the format canvas button. However Marc here is the issue I am having with that canvas. I can type in my numbers for width and height and click done but nothing happens unless I hit the enter key after typing my numbers.

I am in the middle of a design right this very moment so excuse this feedback being scattered but I just wanted to get it typed before I forget things I wanted to cover.

1. Every time I drop a new element on the canvas it does not drop where I lay it. It takes the center of the original canvas size. So if you are working with a rather small canvas when you drop your image element you will never see it because it drops out of the frame of your smaller canvas.

2. I too miss the right click menu I guess just because of pure habit.

3. The theme is good. Easy on the eyes.

4. Really like full screen and the better use of space in this version. Things are consolidated better and you do not have to switch multiple windows to access different tools. This is really helpful compared to the old version because of working with a large canvas would overlap your needed formatting controls and tools.

5. And actually I like the new default font rather than the impact font. For whatever reason it was more professional big deal to me. What I am really trying to say its a smart first impression font. Seems silly but it did have an effect on me.

6. I like roll over tips and the ability to get rid of those tips once I am all tipped out.

7. When I select an item I am not able to make micro adjustments of movement with the arrows keys on my keyboard. fine tuning is hard on a laptop without a handheld mouse.

8. Adding a shadow to my text on a small canvas right now and all I can see is the "edit box" taking on the shadow effects. Box blocks out my design. Only in certain scenarios the edit box hinders my ability to see what I need to be seeing. Maybe pulling down the opacity on this boxes? Im not sure.

9. To me that yellow highlight that shows up around something when you select it is to much. My edits are happening in real time when I select an item such as shadow or color changes. My view of my object is obstructed while trying to make a design choice with too much yellow outer glow and inner hue coming from the yellow selection color. This in my opinion could be much more subtle.

10. No .gif export options? I use more png and jpg myself anyway but I was curious.

Thats all I have right now.

Thanks
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    This was a great list Jason.
    I've moved it out to a separate thread.

We're working on some of your items!

Marc
  3. Wicked

Message Count:
    I have the updated version now the expires on march 10th. I like the canvas adjustments. It begins to address some things. Still my biggest thing right now is when dropping a new element onto the canvas it does not drop where you try to drop it. Also would be nice at this point to send the canvas to a pop out window that can be maximized to the full size of the computer screen. Not all the time but just a button you could push that would eject it from the confines of the software with the scroll bars. You can really gauge proper size and overall picture of your work that way without scrolling and not seeing a particular part of your design at any given time. Hope that makes sense.
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    Hey Marc. V3 is looking great. You implemented some of my suggestions. Thanks! Everything is looking good. Just quickly my last concern I would like to mention is this. When I close TLC it does not ask me "Are you sure?" It just closes everything. An accidental closure could result in a big loss of work. I have tried working a new file and editing a saved file. I am not asked for confirmation on either when closing the program. Thats it! Thanks!
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hey Jason!
    Just wanted you to know I read everything you post. I may not comment on it all but your suggestions are great.

Keep posting when you can!

Excellent ideas

Hope all is well by the way! *:)