Changing computers... what happens to CIC?

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by Tim Inglis, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Tim Inglis

Message Count:
    Hi there.

I have Corporate Identity Creator on my windblows machine which is (thankfully) on it's last legs. I am being supplied with a Mac Book for work purposes (I'm a web designer) and I'd like to continue to use CIC (as well as purchase the web program) on the Mac once I get it.

I know that the Laughingbird software is available for the Mac but I need to know how I can "retire" it from the aptly named MS machine and then install it on the Mac. I don't need to re-purchase the software do I? :image10:

Any advice I could get on this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

All the best,

Tim.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Tim, while I cannot speak to the issue of what Marc's policy is on changing your computer format and Laughingbird Software I can make a suggestion that you get Parallels Desktop and run both formats (PC and OSX) on your new computer. That way you can use all the software you are use to using without any additional expense while find new software to replace your favorite PC software that doesn't have both a PC and OSX versions with Mac applications.

http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/dskd10_4/?gclid=CLDQj52f_pMCFSRaiAod8iAeVw
  3. Tim Inglis

Message Count:
    Hi KD-did.

I ended up getting a laptop running Vista Ultimate (the deal for the Mac fell through in a HUGE way and I had to do this as a last resort). So, how do I transfer my logo creation software over to this new machine? -keeping in mind that the old one is in storage seeing as we have just moved interstate and all. Does this class as a re-install?:image10-1:

Thanks in advance,

Tim.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    If you bought through the Laughingbird software site and didn't use Paypal you will be able to look up your order and get a download. If you used Paypal for your payment option you will have to send Marc a PM for assistance. Provide him with the email address you used at the time of purchase, approximate date etc and he will be able to assist you. You should be able to find info on your order through your Paypal account if you did not save the original email. Marc's ecommerace Digital River does not keep track of Paypal transactions.

https://www.findmyorder.com/DRHM/se...rchPage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE