1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Change Border Color Around CD Cover?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by Jeri, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Jeri

Message Count:
    eGreetings,

In creating a front cover for the CD Cover...

It won't allow me to stretch the artwork all the way to the edges.

So, how do I change the color of the border that remains surrounding the artwork?

I have tried right clicking on the border to see if a color palette pops up - but it does not.

I am loving ECC! I am now starting to get the hang of things.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Jeri
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    This is so new I haven't had a chance to play with it...but be sure and get the update at
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

Change the background color for area around the CD. To change the color on the CD click where you want to change the color and the coloration chart will show up>
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Jerri.

KD is 100% correct.
    Make sure you get the update (http://www.ecovercreator.com/updates.)

This should solve the "Stretching" problem.

Thanks for the nice post Jerri!

-Marc
  4. MasterDesign

Message Count:
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:

oop!
    Thanks MD!
    (I've fixed the link)

- Marc
  6. Jeri

Message Count:
    Hi,

Thank you all for your wonderful help! No other forum that I have been in has responded so quickly and with such clear and helpful messages.

To be a little more clear on what I am doing.

I am creating my own graphic fronts, backs, tops and sides in PhotoImpact and then just using the Photo Realistic Module to place them in the template.

My ECC was not functioning properly. So I had to uninstall everything and reinstall. Everything seems to be working now. I was getting a little frustrated. I am using v. 2.2.

Anyway, I have noticed that there are two templates so far that making my own images just wasn't working nicely.

One is the CD Cover (Photo Realistic Template #2) and the other is the eBook (Photo Realistic Template #5, the one with the rounded corners) These absolutely need the background color in there to create a smooth adjoined 3D image.

This is all the further I have gotten in creating my initial dimensions for each template. It is a lot of back and forth between ECC and PhotoImpact.
    And not being able to minimize ECC all at once. It will minimize but it does not want to Restore. It is kind of a fight.

The general dimensions given (Front 419x512, Top 422x104, etc.) Were not too helpful because each box is different and so each component has to be a different size to meet at the edges.

I know I am probably making this more difficult than it has to be. Sorry.

Anyway, "Thanks!" to everyone. :thankyou:

Kind Regards,
    Jeri
    http://www.graymattergraphics.com