canvas resize

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Roger Ely, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Roger Ely

Message Count:
    I'm still confused about how to resize the canvas. *When I enter the dimensions I want and click done the canvas doesn't resize. *When I use the sliders (on the left), I get set to a precise size but even then when I click done, it doesn't resize. *When I use the resize arrow (bottom right of box) I can resize the canvas but the dimensions don't change so I have no idea what the size is.

It seems that if I use the slider on the right to set the width then drag the canvas to the right, it will stop at the dimension I set it but it won't do the same for the height.

Needs work!
  2. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Typing in a specific dimension in the fields requires you to hit the ENTER key. In this manner the "canvas" size does change. What does not change is the viewing window. It seems a bit contrary but this allows creation of canvas sizes larger than the actual desktop of the computer. One would assume that the "DONE" button would serve the same purpose of finalizing the input into the dimension fields but apparently it doesn't.

Here again the canvas is actually changing in size dynamically (watch the slider). What isn't changing is the viewing window. The viewing window is only looking at a fixed portion of the canvas until you move the sliders to view another area of the canvas.

This is kind od opposite of the second issue you have. When you drag the corner to resize, you are actually resizing the viewing window. The viewing window reaches it's maximum size once it hits the edge of the canvas' length or width. You will notice that the slider disappears when you reach max length/width.

It's a bit different from other programs you might be used to. In some other programs you might be presented with a small "hand" icon when you click on the canvas surface and hold and then move the actual canvas around in the viewing window. In TLC, the sliders are doing the same job as that little "hand" icon.

Just my 2cents :icon_idea:
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
  4. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Thanks and nice to be back. :) It's been a while for sure.
    You know how it is. RL and all sometimes just gets in the way.
  5. Rawben

Message Count:
    I've mentioned this in another topic, but I see the dimension changed on my logo, but when it's saved and uploaded the dimension that's being saved isn't the dimension size on my screen.* I'm on the latest BETA version - any ideas?* BTW, I did not type in the canvas boxes, but used the slider up and out to obtain the logo size I wanted to no avail.