Cannot Upgrade - New Computer

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by JustDucky, May 29, 2012.

1. JustDucky

Message Count:
    I've been trying to get an answer for a couple of weeks now. I purchased Logo Creator back in 2009 I have upgraded a couple of time since then. I upgraded to V. 6 and then I upgraded my computer - new hard drive, new Windows 7. Now I cannot get any answers as to how to install Logo Creator. I clicked on the link I received a few weeks before I upgraded my computer - clicked on the link for the Windows 7 version and it takes me to an error page. I don't have an old version installed on this new system.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! I paid for this software and I've been using it for years. I'd like to get it installed on my new computer. I tried emailing Marc Sylvester (at marc@laughingbirdsoftware.com) - no answer. I tried posting on the Laughbird facebook page - no answer. I keep getting their sales emails, but no one is responding to me! Anyonel.....
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    To download / review previous purchases begin here: https://www.cleverbridge.com/519/?scope=ccinfo

To download the upgrade to version 6.0 go here after you reinstall the previous version: http://www.thelogocreator.com/tlc6-upgrade-registration/

You will not be able to install the upgrade until you have a previous version installed. The first thing the upgrade installer looks for is a valid copy of TLC installed.

The upgrade for most is about a 248MB download, Earlier versions of TLC can be downloaded from any number of valid websites (a bunch after a quick check offer a trial version (16 uses or 30 days for example) of 5.0 or a full version of 5.0 for about $29.00.

The email with the link for the upgrade download typically only takes a minute or two to get sent (my link was sent in less than a minute, however, some have had to wait up to an hour (or more) for the email with the link to arrive in their in box.

Some email programs will not let you read email that is in the HTML format (which has been a problem with some in the past trying to look up old order information).
  4. JustDucky

Message Count:
    I already purchased version 5.2 back in 2009 - $29.95 I found the installer for that - I installed it - I used the key that was in my email purchase confirmation - it won't take it.

Any idea??
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    Try a manual key insertion.
  6. JustDucky

Message Count:
    Also, I tried clicking on that first link and "Cleverbridge" doesn't have any record of my purchase - even though I still have the email confirmation with order number and key.

I also tried calling a phone number that I found here on this support forum - that is supposed to be for any downloading , cc problems, or re-downloading software. The company answers the phone as "Digital River" - I gave them all the information and they have never even hear of "The Logo Creator" or "Laughingbird Software"!!
  7. JustDucky

Message Count:
    What do you mean "manual key insertion"? When I open v 5.2 a message box opens and say "Please enter your key" there are two boxes separated by a dash and I typed in the key from the email. I even tried simply copy and pasting it from my email - it keeps saying invalid key.
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Digital River was Marc's e-commerec (until recently.).....for years and years.
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    Type the key in... a cut and paste picks up the hyphen, which causes the error.
  10. JustDucky

Message Count:
    Well, the people that are there now have never heard of this company. It would be nice, if LaughingBird took that incorrect information off of a thread that is pinned to the top and tells you that is where to call to get help.

I have tried posting on facebok, replying to Marc's emails, posting in the comments sections on this website, emailing "lisa@thecreatorzone.com" (this is what the other "support" phone number tells you to do) - nothing --- no response -- you people here are the only ones to comment and still no one can tell me how to get this up and working.

Who do I have to talk to - what proof do I have to submit - to get a working copy of version 5 and then the upgrade to v 6????
  11. JustDucky

Message Count:
    Yes, as I said - I've tried cutting and pasting the key and I've tried typing in the key one character at a time --- it's not working....
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    You probably need a new key. Which you would get from sending an email to Marc with your sales information..name, email address purchase number if you have it.