Bugs?

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by BFS Will, Oct 7, 2005.

1. BFS Will

Message Count:
    I'm not sure if it's bugs or me but I just tried creating another logo. I pulled in my images and text. I exported it. The software then brought up the web site to show me how it looks. It looked fine.

I then pasted the code text into my html file. I uploaded the html page, the .swf file and the assets folder. The flash file did not work. I then changed the name of the assets folder from "My Ad_assets" to "assets". I checked the page and instead of the ad being the words and images I used to create it, the ad is the same as the stock with "My Company" and the stock images. I went back and tried again, same result.

I am thinking that the program should not create a folder called "My Ad_assets" as I'm not sure that name will work via ftp. I tried changing the name of the swf file with the same result.

When I double click on the original "My Ad" Flash file, it comes up exactly as I created it. Now to get it uploaded and appearing as I created it - that is the challenge.

Will

2. Chris

Message Count:
    When you say you uploaded the .swf file and the assets folder, where and how? Did you create a folder called My Ad_assets, then place all the assets files in that folder? Next did you place the .swf file in the same directory as your index.html file? If not that could be your problem there. Oh yeah if you change your assets folder name then your flash will not work right, it will default back to the templates original.

3. BFS Will

Message Count:
    I figured out what I was doing wrong. All is good now thanks. I had changed the name of the assets folder and that is what goofed it up.

4. Chris

Message Count:
    ok kool as long as you got it. Have fun and show us some of your work.