Background won't go away!!

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by tdvido, Nov 13, 2008.

1. tdvido

Message Count:
    I need to make my logo with no background....my uploaded image has not background or white box..my web page background is colored so i need no background on my logo..used the remove white background..doesn't work...used the transparent feature...still a white box pops up behind my logo???
  2. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    are you saving/exporting the logo as a "Transparent PNG" ?
  3. tdvido

Message Count:
  4. tdvido

Message Count:
    not familiar with png could i be doing something wrong that i am not thinking of?...missing a step?
  5. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Usually in some browsers will show a bluish background but if your saving as a transparent png and not just a png then I cant understand why your getting any background at all.
  6. tdvido

Message Count:
    when i click png it prompts me to save it..but there is not export without going to the other formats??
  7. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Ok now Im confused...When you go to save your logo, You select up top "Export" Then scroll down to "PNG - Transparent"... then it should be saved as a backgroundless graphic. Are you sure your not selecting PNG and also saving the file as the same name as the orginal? is it asking you to delete the file then save it?
  8. tdvido

Message Count:
    when i went under other export options it has a png transparent...i clicked it and then export under it..i still have a white box surrounding the logo?
  9. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    try selecting export and then select png-transparent and see if that works, just name it different than the original. dont do the export other options.
  10. tdvido

Message Count:
    i clicked export then png trans..then export..it prompts me to save it as..i do and then i go to retrieve it and it still has a white box
  11. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    can you upload the graphic so I can look at it? I dont know what to tell you other than what I have said already, But I can offer to make it transparent for you since you have this problem.
  12. tdvido

Message Count:
    when i pull it up in photo impact it has a checkered background and the logo is blinking...when i go to upload to the website it has the white box?
  13. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    blinking? Sounds like an animation...seems your video may be glizting
  14. tdvido

Message Count:
    Here is the original..i have resaved and resaved i got myself confused...the background of the website will bleed through the glass circle around the edges..so it suppose to look like that..though it doesn't look right until its place on the background

Attached Files:

15. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    This says the file extension is a gif and not a png
  16. tdvido

Message Count:
    i couldn't get it to work with a png format so i assumed i would need to resave it as a gif prior to upload in photo impact...the png format would blick and have a checkered background..
  17. tdvido

Message Count:
    when i went to upload it to the website it wouldn't display png for upload
  18. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    does your 3rd party software support png files? ( ie Photo Impact )
  19. tdvido

Message Count:
    photo impact does offer png as format..but when i go to retrieve it for website upload it doesn't show them as a upload option...but when i go into photo impact they are there
  20. KD-did

Message Count:
    A "checkered background" usually is a default setting showing that there is no background and how much space surrounds the image.