anyone know what font this is?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by bmorehappy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    [​IMG]

I created the logo using TLC, and have lost the original files. Now, I can't figure out what font the Joplin District is. I am pretty sure it was a TLC embedded font, but have gone through TLC and system fonts. Am I missing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Wicked

Message Count:
    I was not able to find any TLC embedded fonts that match the joplin district text you show.. Not sure what font it is.
  3. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    Thanks for trying...now I don't feel quite so stupid...lol.

Didn't there used to be font called Cool jade or something like that embedded in TLC?
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    There is Coolvecta and BlueJade. Neither are a match.
  5. GCFL

Message Count:
  6. awalck

Message Count:
    Hey Gang, The font is called Mufferaw and is available for free on several sites I believe. In the word 'Joplin" just the "J" is capital, which threw me for a loop looking for it. enjoy...

BTW, bmorehappy, good job on the logo, especially the transparency - looked goooood!
  7. GCFL

Message Count:
    Hey Awalck..you must be some sort of font sevant! :)
  8. awalck

Message Count:
    LOL. Nope. Just love fonts. :)
  9. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    THANK YOU!!!!! You saved my behind! Thanks GCFL for your insight, I had already tried the font that way, but am grateful for your response. Thank you Awalck for your wonderful insight. Whew. I spent hours trying to find it today. Big sigh of relief. Thanks also for your kind comment! Just curious if anyone remembers...did this font used to be embedded in an old version of TLC? (I might have to see if I have an old version...lol). Again--thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Wicked

Message Count:
    If it was in an old TLC copy then it was before my memory is able to remember but my memory is not that good in the first place.
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Font Sevant!
    LOL.

.... (no, this font was never embedded into TLC. Even the earlier versions) - glad you found it. Nice job Allen!

Allen the Font Sevant
  12. awalck

Message Count:
    Thanks guys. You crack me up, - but 'font savant' does have a nice rhyme to it... hmmm...
  13. GCFL

Message Count:
    You gotta go with that name now...'course I get royalties! :)
  14. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    Thanks again everyone! I am so grateful!