1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Any cover experts need a job creating covers?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by russbrun, Nov 12, 2005.

1. russbrun

Message Count:
    Hey Guys -

I'm looking for someone who has become awesome using laughingbird's ecover software to create a lot of covers for me. I've got the software, but no time to create as many covers as I need.

If you are pretty good at it, please post some boxes you have done, and let me know if you'd be open to me paying you to create a lot of boxes for me.

Thanks
    Russell
  2. Brent2005

Message Count:
    Hey Russ!

Hey Russ!

Brent here from the warrior forum :)

I've been designing sales page graphics and I've just bought the ecover creator (havn't even opened it yet!). But I should be able to master it within 2 minutes :)

I'll contact you on the warrior forum.

Regards,
    Brent
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Brent!
    Nice to hear from a fellow Warrior :D

(He's from another great forum for business-marketing topics: http://www.warriorforum.com)

Let me know when you get around to using The eCover Creator! I'd like to see what you create with it.

Russ- hope you found the help you needed!

- Marc
  4. Brent2005

Message Count:
    Hey Marc,

I have played around with it, but there are some improvements which could definetely be made.

The things I am dissapointed about are:

- Unable to change the shadow/reflection size and position
    - Unable to change the images dimensions (ie. make it wider etc.)
    - Doesn't have any recommended front/spine/back/etc dimensions... so for example, if I were to wack on a front panel how would I know that it fits perfectly onto the model?
    - Unable to rotate the model (ie. make it stand up, tilt, flat on the floor etc.)
    - Whenever I click a colour swatch appears which gets annoying

However, the good aspects are:

- Excellent export quality
    - Awesome range of models to choose from

I could be wrong about some of these because I've only played around with it so far, but coming from a pro designer in sales page graphics... this really isn't what I was expecting, it doesn't offer enough control and flexibilty from my experience.

My rating for it is: 5/10 (Photorealistic module)

This could change if/when I find out how to gain more control.

Regards,
    Brent
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Brent.

Thanks for the feedback.
    I would, however, like to respond:

Unable to change the shadow/reflection size and position

Do you mean changing the shadow size? Or the entire image size and position of the actual 3D model? Shadow position: no. As of this release, you can't. But we're working on it!

Actual 3D model: Yes! you can. Hold down the "X" key and click and drag the box to any position. Or, roll you cursor to the lower left of the canvas to bring up the control pallete. Also, right click the 3d box to view other angles (side view, view from top ... etc).

Unable to change the images dimensions (ie. make it wider etc.)

This is a good one!
    You mean stretch the image like silly puddy?

Doesn't have any recommended front/spine/back/etc dimensions... so for example, if I were to wack on a front panel how would I know that it fits perfectly onto the model?

Actually, ANY long and slim image that you create - either on your own, or with the eCover Creator's art center - will 'map' to the side. No need to know an exact size. Just make sure its in the general shape that the side panel of the 3D model is (long and tall for example)
    I'm putting together some tutorials on all of this.

Unable to rotate the model (ie. make it stand up, tilt, flat on the floor etc.)

Sure you can! :D
    This is the best part of the software. See above for movement controls.
    (The "X" key on your keyboard, or using the control panel at the lower left of the screen)

However, the good aspects are:

- Excellent export quality
    - Awesome range of models to choose from

I think you may have only scratched the surfice of The eCover Creator. You can even do a few magic tricks with it. When you export, name the file "MyImage.PNG" (with a .png extension). This will save your 3D image with no backing (great for bringing it into Photshop!). Then, Re-Launch The Art Center portion of the software. Import the "PNG" ebook image! Now add some text! Instant page header with a 3D box shot! :D

I'll get a great tutorial page and manual out soon.

Hope this helps for now!

- Marc
  6. lenmcgrane

Message Count:
    I'll do those covers for you, Russell

Hi Russell,

Let me do those covers for you. I've made heaps of them for myself and clients, both boxes and book covers, and everyone is happy. Here is a testimonial:

See my portfolio here
    http://www.netgain.co.nz/covers.htm

And my most recent work on several pages in this site
    http://www.aceautoresponders.com

My price for one cover is on the netgain.co.nz page, Russell, but we will need to set a lower one for you, since you have a number of covers to do.

Let me know (len@netgain.co.nz) roughly how many covers you need, Russell, what your deadline is, and if you have any graphics. I'll get back to you with a price and timeline.

Regards,
    Len
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    ecover samples

Hey Len.

Great stuff!
    Which images (if any) were created with the eCover Creator?

I see this one was:
    http://www.netgain.co.nz/images/covers-mediqual.jpg

Any others?
    I'd like to put some up onto my testimonials and/or samples page!

- Marc
  8. lenmcgrane

Message Count:
    These are yours, Marc

Yes, the doctors' cover is now at
    http://www.mediqual.co.nz/build/info.htm
    although shortly the site will go 'live' without the /build/ directory in the address.

Also all the covers on
    http://www.aceautoresponders.com
    are with Cover Creator, Marc.

It's a great app, and I will be using it as often as I can on sites for clients and myself.

Len
  9. Brent2005

Message Count:
    Hey Marc,

Thanks for clearing that up for me :) I'm sure I'll get used to it... (im so used to working with Virtual Cover Creator).

Russ, you're on my yahoo messenger. The website for my design business will be launching very shortly!

Speak to you soon ;)

- Brent
  10. Jeri

Message Count:
  11. Zipper

Message Count:
    Russell....

I can do them for you, here are the first two I sold after about 4 weeks with the ECC:
    http://www.freeplants.com/
    http://bonniesgang.com/

I will give you a very reasonable priice and will work very close with to to get the just right for you. I can start rigjh away and get them to you as soon as possible.

Jack the Zipper
  12. Brent2005

Message Count:
    Sorry guys,

Beat ya to it :p

- Brent
  13. laughingbird

Message Count:
    :D

... when you're done, show us how it all came out!
    I'd love to see it.

Nice get Brent! :)

-Marc