All about version 6.0: Troubleshooting, Ideas, and Questions

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by gcuneo2, May 4, 2012.

1. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I've decided to start a new thread about version 6.0 of TLC. I've done a heap of experimenting with it, have used TLC for years, Tried all sorts of things with the Beta versions... I don't work for Laughingbird, I'm just a guy who really, really enjoys The Logo Creator!

Here is a sample: Did you know you can easily create custom libraries of graphics or photos that show up in the pull down menus?

Did you know you know you can easily edit the "tagline" text file- you can add your own taglines, or simply make the list of taglines appear alphabetically?

Attached is an example of the custom library I created. Requires zero programing knowledge, it's done by simple cutting and pasting, with a little image format conversion if needed.

Attached Files:

2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Betcha didn't know: You can control any function that has a slider control (such as SCALE) using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Click once on the control, then while keeping an eye on whatever you are changing, adjust the setting using your mouse scroll wheel.
  3. Louis

Message Count:
    I'm running Mac OS 10.7 and have just downloaded Ver.6. Can't get it to work at all. The opening screen opens, but no templates or any other graphics appear in the drop down menus. Any ideas?
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    When I was goofin around with one of the beta releases I had to move my main TLC ver 5.2 install directory to my main document directory-- I did a reinstall, and everything worked fine- but that was with a beta version...
  5. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I have the best of both worlds!

Attached Files:

6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Attached is the first thing I have actually created with TLC ver 6.0. It's actually a comic strip, using all the old logo elements from version 5.0 of TLC. Using my semi-patented method you can get ALL of your old element libraries, in their original format, to show up in ver 6.0!

Attached Files:

7. Marg

Message Count:
    Hi there... yes, please, do tell me how to install all the graphics I have in the Mega Pack into V6!
    Thanks
    Marg
  8. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    THIS IS FOR THE LOGO ELEMENT LIBRARIES ONLY!

THIS IS NOT FOR THE LOGO TEMPLATES!

1. Copy the directory / folder the mega pak is installed in (CTRL+C).

2.Paste (CTRL-V) into this directory in 6.0:

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements (Of course your manewouldn't be glenn!).

In this case, you paste the folder the MEGA pak is in into the "logo elements folder".

Attached is a pix of what it looks like afterward, (you will get the idea) (BUT NOT WITH THE LOGO PAK--Which I do not have!). Good luck!

I will be back online in 7 hours, feel free to send me a note if it worked for you. This all is dependent of your ability to find the folder where your mega pak is installed! More than likely its a sub directory of the Laughingbird documents folder....

Attached Files:

MrG likes this.
  9. MrG

Message Count:
    Good to be able to get all those elements into version 6
    Very good tip and very easy to do, Thanks
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  10. MrG

Message Count:
    This doesn't work for me, using Windows 7 64 bit