Affiliate Program Business Idea

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by Wicked, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Wicked

Message Count:
    I have in somewhat the recent past implemented an in house affiliate program. I know a couple things right now that is missing such as a wider range of products to promote. What I would like is for you to take a look at the layout of the program and read the documentation that explains the program and let me know if after reviewing it if you feel if it is laid out well or not.. Any pointers to improve the program or any things you would like to see in an affiliate program would be appreciated.

Though this program is live I am not asking anyone to sign up.. If you feel you would like to see the inside of a user account then please feel free to log into the demo account with the information provided below. Please contact me if you have any troubles logging in..

URL: http://www.cheaptodownload.com/affiliates/affiliate/

User Name: test user
    Password: test

As well as pointing out improvements feel free to let me know what I've done well that you are pleased with as well.. Thanks guys for any participation.
  2. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Good concept

Re:
    the welcome page, at 1st glance a little wordy.
    I might consider putting the "earnings chart" at the top and the explanation below it...
    Good page layout and graphics, you may want to consider a little color in your chart........
    Good luck with it.........
  3. Wicked

Message Count:
    Thank you sir. My only explanation for being wordy is I wanted to make sure people are throughly informed before making a financial earnings decision in making additional money for their website... I look into making the chart pop out more and be more visible towards the top.. Thanks again.
  4. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    My pleasure.
    TC
  5. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Copy revisions

Wicked
    I just went to your site and reviewed your copy. Overall, it's not bad; however, I think it could be vastly improved by breaking up the overall sameness with some well placed heads and subheads. I took the liberty of dashing out some copy just to see what you think. This sort of thing should add some more interest to your front page. Look forward to your comments
    Olden

I have attached a *.doc file for your perusal. BTW, I was editor of a corporate magazine for 20 years.

Attached Files:

6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Thanks Olden I believe your right that there is room to remove some repetiveness in my ad copy. There are some positive points in the copy you made I would not mind using to integrate with what I already have to cut down on some text. Overall what you did is laid out nicely to a typical and informative ad copies that I see around the net.

I have a couple strong ethics I try to watch out for on my site though.. The ad copies you see around the internet are the way they are because they typically work. I stray in a new direction with a couple things I try to avoid what I call over hype or scare tactics or make money while you sleep type ads. I let potential customers of what ever ad I do know what is available to them but try not to throw in too many !!!!!!!! exclamation points or any lines that say buy within the next 24 hours and you get this deal or you are guaranteed to make large amounts of cash.. I try to create ad copies while still being straight up with my customers or clients or what have you. I only say all of this to try and explain why I do things the way that I do. I think my copies end up stretching out so long because I just want it to hit home with members, customers, affiliates, or clients that when you deal with cheap to download you will be dealing with someone who wants you to succeed and cares about helping you along the way if you need it rather than just making it seem like I only care about the money. Cause fact is I am out to make money but not at the expense misleading those who are loyal in helping my business be successful.

I do not think the copy you made is like that so do not think that is what I am saying. I like the copy you made.. I think I would take out the one header though that says "start making big money" because quite frankly I can not guarantee big money being an affiliate and do not want affiliates to think I am saying they will make big money. Overall though I really appreciate and like that you took the time to offer such a good copy to me on your own free time. There are not many who would sit down and take the time you did do type up something useful and contructive and I appreciate it. With your permission I would like use a portion of what you typed up and implemnet a good portion of your advise..

Thanks Again Olden
  7. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Wicked...
    I understand perfectly where you're coming from and what your intentions were. I also realize that you, doubtless, have a keener perception and understanding of how you want to position your copy. My reason for offering up my revision was not to suggest that you should use what I wrote; although you are certainly welcome to use it. My offering was for style only and to show you that breaking up your copy into smaller, more digestible "bites," varying point sizes and the addition of some spot color would be easier to read rather than a large block of "boiler plate." Please feel free to use anything I wrote for you or modify it in any way to suit your objectives. Just glad to be of service. Good luck on your venture.
    Olden
  8. Wicked

Message Count:
    Thanks Olden. I did mean to mention a word of appraise to you that the header and sub header does strike the eye a lot better.. I will be using that concept as you suggested.. An excellent suggestion.

Thanks