A4

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mikejames, Feb 28, 2009.

1. mikejames

Message Count:
    Hi Everyone. Can someone tell me I have the Web Graphics Creator and what I want to do is this. when I have created something how can i get it to print the whole of the A4 Sheet instead of a Small print out. I would like to create a A4 Flier for my local Club. Many thanks
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Whatever desktop publisher you are using should allow you to "insert" or import the image file onto your page and allow you to drag it to the appropriate size.
  3. mikejames

Message Count:
    thank you for your reply. If I import it say into Publisher 2007 and make it fit an A4 sheet will the logo that i ccreated start to distort.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Usually it it not an issue but I myself am not familiar with Publisher 2007. If dragging it to size is an issue with Publisher I would definitely try a PDF export first . While it is possible to drag the logo and canvas to size at the same time in the export mode I prefer to use a FREE 3rd party software called Pixresizer.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
  5. 3DS

Message Count:
    Hello MikeJames,
    Yes Publisher is great! I have recreated your situation(s) and did just fine. No resizer needed, because you can do it all yourself in this program; either by grabbing the handles and resizing manually or using Format menu.

If your just using logo/element, use Insert or Drop & Drag onto your A4 doc. You can grab one of the corner handles to resize it proportionally, without distortion; no need to hold down the Ctrl key I noticed. (see screen captures 1,2) If you drag one of the top & side handles, yes it will be distorted. You can then move and place the image around the doc when you see the 4 way curser.

If you want to Insert one of your own pre-made A4 docs onto the A4 template do this. After using Insert Menu or Drag & Drop method to get your A4 onto your A4 template. Then right-click>Format Picture>Size>Reset>OK to bring it back to origional size of W 8.268 in. x H 11.693 in. Now you may drag image and it will snap into place of template size. (see screen captures 3-5)

Secret Tip: Learned in last minute; Ctrl+Z twice, also brings image to origional size and auto snaps to template.

Now, since all A4 (A5, A6) sizes are international paper sizes, this A4 doc needs to be printed on legal-sized paper (8.5 x 14 in.) and trimmed; or see if the A4 paper is available at your nearest office store, or the printing dept may offer more help with that.

Hope some of this helps.

Attached Files:

6. mikejames

Message Count:
    Many thanks for your reply.