A must read for business cards!!

Discussion in 'Marketing Tips' started by Borpean, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Borpean

Message Count:
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    An excellent article!

Gives me many ideas :)

:banan:
  3. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    While I agree with most of it, the thing I'm not so sure you should put on a business card is

People are then going to contact you not for your service but for the 'free 20-page report'. And what about those who can't afford a batch of business cards every six months and use the same ones for years; "Contact me today and receive 20% off on your first project! Limited time offer - Expires December 31, 2008" isn't going to look good on your card in 2009 is it.

:Painting:
  4. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    a few years ago a friend of mine who makes business cards talked me in to updating and havening plastic cards , ok i had to spend a little bit more money on them but looking back it was a good decision, i still have people phoning me from years ago that still have the card in there purse or wallet
  5. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    You mean like a credit card? Imagine if the text was then 3d embossed! Wow!! :image16-1:
  6. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    yes very similar but with out the embossed lettering,i had black ones with gold lettering ,then i had black with silver,then blue with silver

well worth the extra cost:image16-1: you only need a couple of jobs of them to re-coup you outlay
  7. youbackbut Banned

Message Count:
  8. wexusjon

Message Count:
    http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs

MOST creative site for business cards - NICE photos...

I've switched to METAL myself...WORKS! NO one will ever throw it away... & they show people a metal business card...

I also use DVD's as business cards...

Attached Files:

9. Cookieman

Message Count:
    On my double sided cards I usually do not do an offer but I showcase what the customer offers in services or the products they sell.

Here is an older design, but it showcased the product line.

[​IMG]

I think the back is valuable space and it never hurts to show exactly what you do on the back.

Also, I use the plastic sleeves for keeping business cards and if they do not fit in your standard business card plastic holders, then they probably will get tossed or left in a drawer for storage.

David
  10. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    All of the above is just great, although the cost of shipping is a problem.....
    I create and print those that I sell and I sell only in my local (pickup or delivery) area, another great thing about doing it yourself is you don't have to sell 500, sometimes I sell 50 to a startup co......
    TCz
  11. Ruelle Smith

Message Count:
    A professional looking, well designed card can be of great use to the business and clients. A good business card should include all essential details about your business. If you card catches the eye of the client, it will increase their curiosity about your business and what it has to offer. The client call up to find out more and might hold the business in a good light. More so if the card is handy to carry they might refer your business to people they know. This type of word of mouth marketing is great way of spreading the name of your business, it can get you many new customers and can generate a lot of profits.

Message Count:
    One of my Brothers friends' lives in in Adelaide!