A Logo Design contest

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by laughingbird, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Selfish Pers

Message Count:
    Man oh man, just when I thought the decision was made there were more entries. I have to say right now I really like the latest Lamo1graphic concept. The two "I's" representing selfishness is deep. And speaking of concepts...

As you noted Randy, the site will be basically about turning the things that are normally done in a selfish manor (from handling money to spending time) into something that can become more of a selfless aspect. The key fact that I have noted though is that nothing at all is done for a purely selfless act. For example (and please don't be offended Olden Gray) even though you would like a donation sent to a charity (and I know you truly mean an official one and not yourself), knowing that your suggestion might be the cause of someone else giving and possibly saving a life would make you feel great wouldn't it? Again, that is an instance where being "selfish" (wanting to have that feeling of helping others even if you don't physically do it yourself) is a good thing. That is the type of thing we want to encourage on the site. But of course you can't have a "good" selfish without a "bad" selfish. Without something to compare to, the other ceases to exist. So at times there will be articles, blogs, even forum discussions on whether or not people agree with classifying something as "good" or "bad." (Like the Selfish Passion post).

Which comes back around to what we want in a logo... honestly we don't have a set image. We don't really have a clue to be blunt. I believe we are starting to lean towards more of a logo that includes a person (New Empire's first logo really caught my eye), but that isn't the primary focus. We are looking for something that would look good on both a website and on clothing, bumper stickers and other locations where people can proudly proclaim that they are being overtly selfish for the betterment of even just one person other than themselves.
  2. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Not to worry, my friend, I am not at all offended. In fact, I'm trying real hard to understand.
    :image06-1:
    Olden

P.S. to Lamo1: check the spelling of "selfish." BTW, other than that, a very nice design.
  3. awalck

Message Count:
    Here's two variations of another idea trying to capture looking past ourselves to see others, but I wasn't sure how to capture a selfless act. My thought was that we have to look a little harder sometimes to look beyond - our glasses may not be strong enough per say. Anyway... don't mean to ramble.

Attached Files:

4. Selfish Pers

Message Count:
    Wow, ok first of all let me thank everyone for their efforts and simply inspiring me to make some things more clear on the site. :image28:

In the end I believe Awalck's final two designs are what we are going to work with (if it is ok with Awalck). And thank you moderators for even holding the contest here to begin with. I promise to make sure that everyone gets to see the final logo as well. Awalck, you will be getting an email tonight! Thank you all once again! Amazing work, and I will be boasting about this site all over the place! (Spam free of course!)
  5. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Congratulations

Good job Awalck (pn a tough job)............
    Topcatz
  6. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    way to go awalck
  7. awalck

Message Count:
    Thanks Topcatz and Cybr - I appreciate it.
  8. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    nice one
  9. awalck

Message Count:
    Thanks Lamo1, your "I" gave me my inspiration.
  10. Chris

Message Count:
    Yes well done. Simple yet to the point. I really like it.
  11. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    well only to glad i could help:image28::image28:
  12. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Nice work!!
  13. awalck

Message Count:
    Thanks Chris and Randy. Everyone is so kind here. I feel the love here on Valentines. :image07:
  14. TyHaegs

Message Count:
    did this one on my way out...not crazy about the font used, but you will get the point....i hope, lol

[​IMG]
  15. Borpean

Message Count:
    hmm. What may that point be.
    :image08:
  16. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    a really late entry for a really weird website that still doesn't realy have the appropriate wierd logo ...

no point....really
    MD
  17. TyHaegs

Message Count:
    obviously it wasnt made to be taken seriously....but the "point" /theme was that selfish people tend to believe the world revolves around them...
  18. laughingbird

Message Count:
    LOL

Actually, pretty clever.
    I believe Ty's website is legit.

Take a look: http://www.selfishpeople.org

If he can get a bunch of selfish people in his forum, I think he's got a nice little niche.